What better way to start the festivities than with Christmas brownies as adorable and tasty as these? Classic brownies are fairly easy to bake anyhow, but make them no-bake and still super delicious, now that's a dream! Because, let's face it, your oven is likely to be working overtime throughout the Holidays, but this recipe simply calls for a little chilling time, plus some time to get creative with the decorating, which is half the fun!
We also love these Reindeer brownies because not only are they decadent, but they are actually totally vegan and virtually gluten-free also, making them a delicious and slightly healthier gooey brownie option at a time when most meals are filled with lots of sugar.
Kids and adults alike will love these, so it's a great recipe for the whole family to get involved with, and when you see how much fun the decorating gets, we guarantee you that EVERYONE will want to make their own Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, you name the rest!
So it's the perfect way to get baking with the whole family at Christmas! Keep scrolling for our super easy gooey Christmas brownie recipe:
Christmas brownie recipe
This recipe yields 9 Christmas reindeer brownies (double the batch if you want to fit in all Santa's reindeers!)
For the brownies:
- 250g pitted dates
- 80g cashews
- 40g pretzels (GF if needed)
- 140g cashew or almond butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 30g cacao powder
- A pinch of salt
For the chocolate ganache:
- 60g cashew or almond butter
- 15g maple syrup
- 10g cacao powder
- 2tbsp plant-based milk like oat or soy
For the pretzel reindeers:
- 9 pretzels
- 15g melted chocolate
- 9 chocolate raspberry brownie protein balls (you can use cranberries instead!)
- Googly eyes
- Edible stars
- Extra pretzels
1. Start by soaking the dates in boiling water for 10 minutes.
2. Drain them, reserving 1-2 tbsps of the water for later.
3. Use a blender to blitz the cashews and the pretzels until they form a fine flour with smaller chunks then pour into a bowl.
4. Add the dates to the mixture in the blender, along with the nut butter of your choice and the vanilla. Blitz until a jammy consistency, then add in the cashews, pretzels, cacao powder and salt. Blend until it forms a sticky dough.
5. Scrape down the sides, then use the reserved date water if needed to mix it all evenly.
6. Next, line an 8-inch square dish with parchment paper.
7. Transfer the Christmas brownie mix to the dish, pressing it down firmly to form an even base layer. Then transfer this to your freezer for 30-60 minutes.
8. Meanwhile, you can make the pretzel reindeer. Simple spoon over a little melted chocolate in the middle of the pretzel, then add your cranberries or protein balls for the nose. Then add your reindeer eyes of choice (we use a little extra protein ball chopped into quarter pieces because they are super tasty). Place your creations on a parchment lined tray and let them set in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
9. Next, on to the gooey chocolate ganache. Start by whisking all the ingredients listed above, until they are smooth and fully combined.
10. Once the brownies have set. Spread the chocolate ganache over them, then cut them into 9 equal squares and decorate them!
How to decorate Christmas brownies
You can mix it up with this no-bake vegan Christmas brownie recipe. We've gone for a mixture of the cute pretzel reindeers and simply edible stars!