So you thought you had to wait until the end of November for Black Friday 2020? Those eager for a deal now will be pleased to learn that some brands couldn't wait for a sale either. Yes, dare we say Black Friday may have come a little earlier this year?
For the uninitiated, Black Friday is the time to buy, well, anything. There are millions of offers on everything from health and beauty products, to technology and – probably most important to us – everything for the home. Whether you want to upgrade an appliance without paying big bucks, or invest in the most comfortable mattress around, there is a Black Friday deal for you.
Jump to what you want to know about Black Friday 2020:
While this year's sale was set to start on Friday 27th November, we can already see it panning out a little differently to previous years. For one, everything is set to be online – thanks social distancing. But look on the bright side: now you have even more excuse to shop it in your PJs. Secondly, with it all being online, stores will have more orders to dispatch and fulfill so a few have brought their sales forward a bit to keep everything running smoothly. A big relief if you are planning to use the sales to buy Christmas gifts.
What will be exactly the same though is that, just like previous years, we are on call to help make your sales shopping experience as easy as can be. Let us shop Black Friday for you, because we will be telling you about the very best deals – as they drop – right here. No need to wait, scroll on to see everything we have found so far in the US and UK. From homewares to vacuum cleaners, gifts and so much more, there is a deal waiting for you below.
Black Friday 2020: quicklinks
Already know what you want? Then use the quicklinks below to hop straight to the deals at your favorite stores.
Black Friday sales UK:
- Amazon: up to 50% off robot vacuums, 40% off home and furniture, and much more
- AO: get a month's free coffee with selected coffee machines and shop tumble dryer deals
- Argos: check out the Clearance section for home tech, appliances and toys
- ASOS: get 20% off everything with code FLIPYOURFEARS
- B&Q: garden power tools, lighting and more
- Cox & Cox: shop the Cox & Cox sale room for planters, cutlery and more
- Currys PCWorld: view the Kickstart your Xmas deals and get gifting
- Dunelm: 20% off furniture, mattresses and more
- H&M Home: save big on soft furnishings, home accessories and more
- John Lewis & Partners: 20% off selected home including lighting and bedding deals
- Le Creuset: seasonal offers on tableware and cookware
- M&S: shop for home and gifting deals including hampers
- Ninja: save £20+ on blenders, multi cookers, air fryers and grills
- Shark: save up to £120 on Shark vacuum cleaners
- Wayfair: shop for Christmas savings and get ready with bedding, rugs and décor
Black Friday sales US:
- Amazon: shop the Holiday Dash to save up to 39% off Instant Pot, 30% off Tineco vacs and more
- Best Buy: shop Black Friday Ad Deals now and save on everything from small appliances to TVs
- H&M Home: subscribe to newsletters to save 10% off future orders
- The Home Depot: the fall sale for 30% off floor care and small kitchen appliances
- Lowes: find savings on appliances, 25% off lighting and deals on home décor
- Shark: save up to 15% on floor cleaning and accessories
- Target: see weekly Black Friday deals including smart home tech, TVs and more
- Walmart: visit their Black Friday deals page to shop weekly offers for your home and gifts
- Wayfair: end of season outdoor offers, bedding, lighting and more
Early Black Friday deals
Le Creuset Stoneware Large Heritage Rectangular Dish |
£45 £41 at Wayfair
The signature ovenproof dish great for everything from pasta bakes to cakes. You can also use it in the microwave, under the grill, or even in the freezer. View Deal
Amazon Echo Show 5 - Charcoal |
£79.99 £59.99 at Amazon
This useful little multitasker will come in handy in any household: use it to catch up on the news, watch film trailers, or ask Alexa what today's weather holds. We've tried it and it's a winner – especially at that price.
Melitta Look V Timer Black 1025-08 6766591 Filter Coffee Machine |
£69 £64 at AO
We love a filter coffee and this one will make a flavoursome brew in your own home. It'll make ten cups at once and if you get carried away the Keep Warm function will, well, keep it warm for you until you're ready for your next cup of coffee. As part of a promo at AO, you'll qualify for a free coffee bronze pack when you checkout with this deal.View Deal
Fitbit Versa Lite | Only £99.99 at Argos
This is a verrrry cheap price for a FitBit Versa Lite. In fact, it may just be the cheapest we've ever seen. This particular model features a large (and easy to use) touchscreen to display the time, phone notifications and more. It can track your heart rate, sleep, exercise, pace and distance; its battery life lasts for a loooong four days. It's also waterproof so there's no need to take off when showering.View Deal
Philips DiamondClean Sonic Electric Toothbrush |
£299 £136.86 at Amazon
With a huge 62 per cent off, this Philips electric toothbrush should be high up on your to-buy list. Why? It comes in four colours, has a battery life lasting up to two weeks, features five different modes to cover all your brushing needs AND it comes with a travel case.View Deal
Bush 32 Inch Smart HD Ready LED TV |
£169.99 £149.99 at Argos
On offer today, available to buy today and available for delivery today, this Bush TV deal has everything going for it right now. And all for less than £150. Amazing. Get it now for your bedroom or kitchen, before others beat you to it!View Deal
KitchenAid Artisan 5KSM125BFG Stand Mixer with 4.8 Litre Bowl in Matte Grey|
£450 £399 at AO.com
Prepare homemade pizzas and fluffy cakes with this KitchenAid food mixer. Its 300 Watt power output means you’ll never be waiting long for kneaded dough, and because it comes equipped with 4 accessories, you’ll always have the tool for the job. These include a mixing bowl, a wire whisk, a dough hook and a flat beater. Plus, thanks to the Planetary Mixing Action, which rotates to make sure everything is thoroughly blended, you can say goodbye to lumpy and uneven sponges. View Deal
TOUCAM Surveillance Camera Doorbell |
$89.95 $69.95 at Amazon
Now with $20 off, this video doorbell is very cheap. It's also wireless and it comes with a chime. You can even connect it to an Echo Show device to see who is at your front door, or, there's a smartphone app. Battery life lasts between one and six months depending on use, while it has real-time talk and view and you can keep up to a day's worth of footage for free.View Deal
Ultrean Air Fryer |
$95.99 $69.99 at Amazon
This affordable air fryer comes in three colour options and it boasts an LDC screen for easy use. It has a timer setting and its temperature is adjustable from 180°F to 400°F. With a non-stick pan and a heat-resistant handle, it's not only easy to clean but safe to use around kids. Pop the basket in the dishwasher once you're done cooking and give the unit a simple wipe down. View Deal
Echo Show 5 |
$89.99 $44.99 at Amazon
Now with $15 off, the Echo Show 5 boasts a compact 5.5" smart display with Alexa ready to help. Manage your calendar, make to-do lists, get weather and traffic updates, along with recipes. You can even watch movies. View Deal
Le Creuset 3.4-qt Covered Oval Casserole Dish |
$110 $99.98 at QVC
The classic Le Creuset dish that comes with a lid – so that you don't have to clean the oven from any splashes after. Broiler-, microwave-, and even freezer-safe. Great choice of colors, too. View Deal
Ninja FD401 Foodi |
$269.99 $219.99 at Amazon
Now with $70 off, this multifunctional appliance is a bargain. Not only is it an air fryer, but a pressure cooker, slow cooker, dehydrator and so much more. Use it to fry, bake, broil, roast, sauté and more. With a very large eight-quart capacity, it's even ceramic-coated with non-stick accessories and a PTFE and PFOA-free basket This dishwasher safe basket can hold up to a seven-pound chicken – great for large families.
When is Black Friday 2020 and Cyber Monday 2020?
In 2020, Black Friday falls on the 27 November, and Cyber Monday follows on the 30 November, so that's a whole weekend that will be packed with deals, with everything from technology to homeware and toys to appliances, all reduced to grab-me-while-you-can prices.
What is the difference between Black Friday and Cyber Monday? Not a great deal really, since many deals run from Black Friday through to Cyber Monday and beyond. Once upon a time, Black Friday offered great deals on consumer electronics, while Cyber Monday focused more on clothing and jewelry bargains. Now, though, you can get great deals on everything across the entire weekend.
Is Black Friday 2020 cancelled?
No, Black Friday 2020 is not cancelled. Although some retailers, understandably, won't be opening their stores on the day of Thanksgiving and probably Black Friday, too, so bargains will only be available to buy online. This is to aid social distancing and protect workers and shoppers at the same time. Saying that, several shops such as Target and Home Depot have announced that since they are closing their stores on Thanksgiving, they will be offering deals for a longer time period – we're talking from the start of October.
For retailers such as Amazon – who are online-only – this will make no difference to them, however, they may have to cut down how many deals they offer due to the lack of factory workers and delivery drivers available. Walmart, Target, and Home Depot will be closing all their stores on Thanksgiving Day – for the first time ever – to prevent shoppers from coming to store to bag bargains. This also applies to Best Buy, Kohl's, TJ Maxx, JCPenney, and Bed Bath & Beyond.
Some retailer's Black Friday pages are already live, we're just waiting for the deals to roll in. See them below.
Where to shop Black Friday
Ahead of this year's event, we've made a list of the best Black Friday sellers that you can pretty much guarantee a bargain from. See them below.
Groupon US / Groupon UK
Groupon are pretty great at offering us incredible deals year-round, so when it comes to Black Friday, things really are cheap. Vacations and holidays, home buys and more...View Deal
Wayfair US/ Wayfair UK
Wayfair is probably the best place to head if you are after a furniture bargain during Black Friday. They are also having a HUGE Way Day sale September 23 and 24 – don't miss it.View Deal
What to buy this Black Friday
Below, you can find a list of everything we think you should buy this Black Friday. Use our clever pricing widgets if you are after something now and can't wait. These widgets find the very best products and prices on the web, whether it be from Currys, John Lewis or Amazon.
Smart home tech
Health and beauty buys
Black Friday 2019 bestsellers
'Why do we care what sold well last year?' you say. Well, chances are, if it sold well last year, they will put it on sale again this year – we hope. We've listed the top Black Friday 2019 deals below, just so you can get a taste of what's to come this year. These prices are no longer live although they may be cheap still, since they are last year's products.
What is Black Friday, and Cyber Monday?
Black Friday actually started in the USA. The term had previously been used for bad economic events like Friday 24th September 1969 when a group of financiers tried to manipulate the gold market, leading to an economic crash. However, it was then applied to the shopping chaos that was noted in Philadelphia on the Friday after Thanksgiving in 1961 and the name has stuck. With many people taking this day off and using it to begin their Christmas shopping, it is one of the busiest days in the commercial calendar, both in malls and online. This year, however, it may be only the latter.
Black Friday is no longer just a US phenomenon – it's gained unstoppable momentum in the UK over recent years, too. Along with Cyber Monday, both events are loved by bargain hunters as they offer the chance to make big savings on everything from tech to furniture and more. With Black Friday weekend falling around a month before Christmas, it is a great opportunity to bag Christmas gifts and winter deals, too.
Will Black Friday 2020 and Cyber Monday be affected by coronavirus?
It's hard to tell just how much coronavirus will affect Black Friday 2020. Although all the buying can take place online, there are a few things that could impact the Black Friday deals reaching the scale of previous years:
- Supply chains: Covid-19 has affected both manufacturing and delivery of key items in recent weeks. Many of the products we see for sale on Black Friday may already have been built, but we are yet to see how factory closures have impacted the global tech market.
- Safe delivery: Deliveries have been made possible during the pandemic by companies and individuals upping their hygiene practices and offering no-contact delivery. In some cases, this has added time to estimated deliveries so it will be interesting to see what changes stick around for Black Friday 2020.
- The economy: As expected, the economy has been knocked by the world effectively coming to standstill. Some have lost jobs and others may have resulting cash flow problems. We have already seen store closures from the impacts to the high street and where this has wiped out competition, remaining shops may not be as driven to offer the big discounts of years gone by.
We expect Black Friday to be a ot different this year from the COVID-19 pandemic. Black Friday typically draws millions of shoppers to retail stores and malls over Thanksgiving weekend, something that's obviously not ideal in the midst of a global pandemic. Many retailers are operating at partial capacity, and social distancing remains an essential strategy in preventing the spread of the virus. These days, it's not atypical to see a long line forming outside a retailer during normal business operation simply due to capacity limits. It's hard to fathom what lines at the most popular stores would look like on Black Friday, when shoppers have been known to camp out overnight to snag a spot in line.
Black Friday: the best times to shop
Research found by Currys PC World during Black Friday 2019 found that there are definitely good and bad times to shop on Black Friday. This year, as we expect the deals will be solely online, you may experience issues with gaining access to some sites. We think there will be virtual queues, as well as the chance of some websites crashing. Just something to note.
Other than that, the actual best times to shop during Black Friday are early in the morning. Avoid 7 am to 10 am at all costs as it's the busiest period. So, you'll either want to bag a bargain ahead of 7 am or wait until the dead spot at 3 pm (we're guessing this because schools shut at this time). If you wait though, you could risk losing out on what you want. That or if you really want to hold out, things should be slightly less manic after 9 pm.
If you have your eye on something popular – an Alexa device, a new appliance, a popular tech item or even some personal care buys – GHDs are always cheap, as are electric toothbrushes – then we definitely suggest setting your alarm. Retailers such as Amazon will be offering limits on deals in order to allow factory workers and delivery drivers to process orders within a reasonable time, while social distancing. Looking for something else? You can relax (a little).
What can you buy for your home on Black Friday and Cyber Monday?
Lots of things! From mattress deals to TV sales, so it's possibly the best time of the year for shopping, big or small. With homeware brands ever more attuned to the Black Friday and Cyber Monday buzz, you can expect big savings from well-known brands.
When it comes to home tech and appliances, Amazon, Walmart, and John Lewis are probably your best bet. Other retailers worth watching include Wayfair and Habitat. Big savings on furniture and homeware can be expected everywhere from Home Depot to Anthropologie. That said, sometimes, retailers opt out of Black Friday and Cyber Monday – which is why it's worth checking back here for updates because we'll be monitoring the best deals for you.
Are Black Friday and Cyber Monday savings real?
As with any sale, there are some end-of-line products as well as items that haven’t proved popular throughout the rest of the year in the mix on Black Friday and Cyber Monday. However, there are some genuine savings on offer. Here's what you can generally expect:
- TVs will be sold at massive discounts, ideal for the viewing-heavy festive season.
- Amazon will offer great discounts on its own products – both great Christmas gifts. Find the best Amazon Echo deals at our dedicated page.
- Classic Christmas gifts – from cameras to smart home tech – will be way cheaper than usual.
- Power tools, kitchen appliances – such as washing machines, and even electric razors will all be discounted.
- It's not just coffee machines, microwaves, and other must-have appliances that are up for grabs. Nope, off-season buys, such as lawnmowers, BBQs, and more will be discounted, too.
- eBay even takes part, offering Black Friday deals.
- Home accessories will be up for grabs at brilliant prices – and we'll have the latest every day.
- Looking for furniture? You'll be able to check back with us for the best bed and sofa bed deals.
BUT... since many products' prices yoyo frequently, checking the price history of what you're planning to buy on CamelCamelCamel.com or PriceSpy will tell you whether the savings are real or illusory.
Our top tips for bagging a Black Friday a deal
1. Sign up to mailing lists: Subscribe to newsletter lists from your favourite retailers to be informed of deals as they drop. You can also sign up for our newsletter because we will be sharing the best home deals on Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
2. Be prepared to research: Retailers will surface some of their best deals on homepages and top pages, but also the ones they want rid of or the ones they think will get the most traffic to the site. This is why it pays to navigate away from the main Black Friday landing pages. If you know what product you are after, head to that section of the site and get ready to scroll.
3. Check out the lesser known brands: The biggest brands may have the buying power to offer the best discounts, but they will also be the busiest sites and stock is more likely to go quickly. Look for lesser known retailers (check their reviews on Trustpilot first) and see if they have the products you are after.
How to shop safely this Black Friday and Cyber Monday
Just as you would usually, ensure you're shopping securely. Paying by credit card will give you more protection than paying by debit card. If you pay with PayPal or another third party payment service, you may not be eligible for these payment protections.
Know you'll be in a hurry on the big weekend? Take time now to create an account with your retailer(s) of choice so you don't miss out.
See more of our Black Friday deals pages:
- Black Friday mattress deals
- Black Friday Amazon Echo deals
- Black Friday fridge freezer deals
- Black Friday washing machine deals
- Black Friday vacuum cleaner deals
- Black Friday bedding deals
- Black Friday bed deals
- Black Friday sofa deals
- Black Friday sofa bed deals
- Black Friday furniture deals
- Black Friday coffee maker deals
- Black Friday broadband deals
- Black Friday TV deals