If there was one way we could all sleep better then the world would be a much more comfortable place, that's for sure. We've had it ALL over the past few months; lockdown with a global pandemic, job uncertainty, home schooling and heatwaves. What a nightmare concoction?!
- Best mattress: 11 top mattresses we've tried and tested
August is National Wellness Month which focuses on self-care, managing stress and promoting healthy routines. And since we need to focus on our physical and mental health now more than ever, it all starts in the environment we live in.
Creating a comfortable and healthy home can help your overall mental wellness, especially investing in the place where relaxation occurs the most – our beds. Now that we’re home more often, Layla Sleep has a few items to make your home a relaxing setting.
Keep scrolling to checkout with one (or all) of these products to get a decent nights kip.
1. Feel more grounded with a weighted blanket
This sort of blanket is growing in popularity as a way for people to calm down as it physically hugs your body to help reduce anxiety and stress. A great buy as we think everyone could use the slightest bit of relief right now.
2. Check your pillows are supportive
Our pillows, believe it or not, have a life span of approximately three years so it's important to check that they're still doing as intended. A luxurious pillow that is supportive, super soft and cool that also has enough support to soothe aches and pain while sleeping, is a good choice.
- Best pillows: our pick of the 10 best feather and memory foam pillows
3. Make sure your sheets are natural, and breathable
Bedding made from natural fibres such as cotton, viscose and silk will help to regulate your body temperature as you sleep. Viscose sheets, for example, are light and lush and often have a high thread count to help you have the most comfortable rest possible.
4. Replace your mattress with a hybrid
The beauty of hybrid mattresses is that they combine memory foam with pocket springs so you get the best of both worlds. Memory foam will provide relief to aches and pains whilst offering support which moulds to your body. And the pocket springs will help with motion transfer, and firmness – the more springs, the firmer it will be.
More bedding advice:
- How to fall asleep fast: 6 tricks to try before bed to nod of quickly
- Want to refresh rather than replace your mattress? View our best mattress topper guide
- Or, if it's time for a new duvet, our best duvet guide looks at all the options available
- Check out our cheap mattress deals page for our top sleeping mattresses, at bargain prices