Although it's hard to focus on anything except mince pies and Baileys at this time of year, let us remind you that while Boxing Day may mean indulging in copious amounts of food it also means SALES! So if you are you're thinking of upgrading a piece of furniture or an appliance soon, it's worth waiting for the Boxing Day and January sales to roll around so you can grab it at a good price.
So stay with us through your bargain hunting journey as we list the items you should most definitely leave on your shopping list until Boxing Day rolls around.
Keen to get started early? Go and check out our best deals for Boxing Day and January sales to see which offers are already out there...
1. Boxing Day smart home deals
Get with the times and upgrade your home tech so it's smart, but not before the Boxing Day sales come along. As simple or as technical as you prefer, why not start by upgrading your plug sockets so you can double check you've turned off your straighteners when you're out of the house? You could even buy a smart doorbell so you can see who comes and goes. Pop a smart fridge on your list, which will alert you when your food is nearly out of date.
Have a scroll through our smart home deals to browse the best cheap offers right now...
2. Boxing Day SOFA deals
Is your current sofa really uncomfortable or not big enough to fit the whole family? Well, thanks to the Boxing Day sales, you can score a pretty cracking deal if you know where to go. Expect Marks & Spencer, Habitat, Debenhams and Very to be the talk of sofa buyers' conversations during the sales. Make sure you do your research beforehand to find one you like (and find a back up just in case that one doesn't go on sale), so that when the time comes, you're prepared. We've popped our guides below to help you out.
Go and have a browse of our best cheap sofa deals that are currently happening, too...
Our sofa buying guides:
- The best sofas under £500
- The best sofas for small living rooms
- The best leather sofas: recliners, corner, Chesterfield and more
- 6 of the best recliner sofas
- 12 statement velvet sofas
- 10 best sofa beds under £500
- 10 of the best sofa beds for small living rooms
- 10 of the best contemporary sofa beds
- 10 best traditional style sofa beds
3. Boxing day bed deals
We've rounded up the best cheap bed deals that are happening right now if you are eager for a bargain, but bookmark that page because we will be updating it with the best offers over the Boxing Day and January sales.
Our bed buying guides:
- The best single beds for solo sleepers
- 6 of the best double beds
- 8 best king-size beds for a royally good sleep
- 10 of the best guest beds
- The best beds with storage
4. Boxing Day coffee machines deals
Time to upgrade from your ancient cafetiere and get a fancy new coffee machine? If Black Friday was anything to go by, prices on coffee machines are going to get slashed this Boxing Day, so that's definitely the time to get your hands on one. Whether you're after a top-of-the-range espresso machine or just a budget all-round coffee machine, we promise you will find a great deal if you wait until the Boxing Day sales.
Keep your eyes peeled on our best coffee machine deals for some amazing offers...
5. Black Friday MATTRESS deals
Current mattress seen better days? The Boxing Day sales could be the best time for you to finally buy yourself a new one. We are expecting all the big brands to get involved, Marks & Spencer, Simba, Casper, Eve, Wayfair and Amazon to name a few.
Take a glance at our best cheap mattress deals for offers that are happening at the moment, and keep an eye out in the next few days for any early Boxing Day sale deals.
Our mattress buying guides:
- 9 of the best mattresses for side sleepers
- The best mattresses for a good night's sleep
- 8 best latex mattress for allergy sufferers
- The best mattress for beating back pain
- 8 best mattresses for stomach sleepers
- The best mattresses under £1,000
- The best memory foam mattress