Busy, but for good reason, the Boxing Day sales are known as a huge annual shopping event for only the bravest of bargain hunters. After gaining a rather hectic reputation for itself in years past, it's time to answer the all-important question: do you have to go in-store to get a good Boxing Day deals – or can you snag one without leaving your house?
Going to stores for Boxing Day sales deals: the pros and cons
- The shops will be packed: the truth is, as with any major sale, Boxing Day will always be slightly more manic than usual shopping days, because of the amazing discounts on offer.
- You might have to take the children: not advisable if you can avoid it.
- You'll have to get there early to grab the bargains or you'll miss out.
- You'll have to carry your bargains from shop to shop.
- You can't compare prices between stores unless you're prepared to dash from shop to shop.
- It's a day out – if you're looking to get out of the house/away from the family, it's the perfect excuse.
Shopping for Boxing Day deals at home: the pros and cons
- You're more than likely to find the best deal if you're at home, because with the internet at your fingertips you can compare product prices in different stores in minutes (especially if you visit our deals pages where we do the legwork for you).
- Free delivery: most companies will deliver to your door for free or for a small standard delivery cost.
- Next day delivery: most of us can wait an extra 24 hours for that deal to arrive.
- Last minute money-off deals – you can keep your eyes on them and react when they become available.
- You may need to register for the best deals – if, for example, being an Amazon Prime customer bags you a better deal, sign up before Boxing morning.
- We'll do the legwork for you – our deals pages (see below) will be updated regularly with the latest, best deals.
- You can shop in your PJs.
The best Boxing Day deals for your home
If you don't know already, the Boxing Day sales usually begin early (very early) on the 26th December. If you're in desperate need of a new appliance, piece of furniture or tech deal, we suggest you wait until the sales to buy, as the bargains are immense. Now, you may be way ahead of us and already know what you're in need of, so click the links below to find out how to get the best deals.
- Boxing Day sales sofa bed deals
- Boxing Day sales bed deals
- Boxing Day sales sofa deals
- Boxing Day sales mattress deals
- Boxing Day sales washing machine deals
- Boxing Day sales fridge freezer deals
- Boxing Day sales coffee machine deals