On the hunt for wedding gift ideas, whether for your own wedding present list or for a soon-to-be bride and groom? Between booking the perfect venue, putting together a gluten-free, vegan-, paleo-, fruitarian-friendly menu and having never-ending arguments about band or DJ (just go for both), there are very few things that are easy when it comes to planning a wedding. However, there are things that stop you from just giving up and eloping to Vegas to be married by an Elvis impersonator: cake tasting and picking items for your wedding gift list.
Or perhaps you're a wedding guest looking for ideas for a couple who haven't registered a wedding gift list? To help you choose what to buy – or include on your wedding gift list, we've pulled together an essential guide to wedding gift ideas, covering everything from Champagne glasses to the very best vacuum cleaner money can buy.
For more gift guides, see our dedicated hub page.
Jump straight to...
Wedding gift ideas: Tech essentials
Let's get the techy wedding gift ideas out of the way first, since this is probably going to be where the most spendy wedding gifts live... Perfect wedding gift ideas for brides and grooms, there's something for every budget. You can find all our home tech over on The Hub.
1. Pick a vintage-style radio
2. Upgrade your sound with a Smart Speaker
3. Choose an instant Photo Printer for candid wedding pics
4. Go old school with a Turntable
5. Boring but necessary, add a vacuum cleaner
6. Go for a travel sized projector
Wedding gift ideas: Kitchen appliances
A wedding gift ideas list is the perfect excuse to kit out your kitchen with a load of new gadgets. Here, we have included the essentials (ie, a coffee machine) and the more indulgent kitchen appliance (but we promise once you actually own a waffle maker you will wonder how you ever coped without it)...
7. A fancy coffee machine is an essential
8. A stylish kettle
9. And a stylish toaster to match
10. Get the gift of 60 second pizza
11. Might as well throw in a pasta machine, too
12. Pick out a classic KitchenAid
13. Indulge in a waffle maker
14. Save yourself time with a slow cooker
15. And save money with a juicer
16. Portable BBQ? We think you need one
Wedding gift ideas: Kitchenware
Kitchenware is a classic wedding gift idea for friends. We've picked a mix of more traditional gifts (your Champagne glasses, china, pans, and what not), but there are a few cute surprises mixed in here too...
17. Classic Champagne Glass Saucers
18. Some (very) Large Gin Glasses
19. A Signature Le Creuset Casserole dish is a must
20. Upgrade your hand-me-down pans
21. Pick out a dinner set
22. And you may as well get a Cutlery Set too
23. Choose a cute Lovebirds Platter
27. Add an oven dish to your wedding gift list
28. Pick a stylish salt and pepper mill
Wedding gift ideas: bedding and mattresses
Fresh new bedding is a gorgeous wedding gift idea, and a new mattress is the perfect gift if you are moving somewhere new after your wedding, so we have rounded up the best bedding and mattresses to add to your wedding gift list...
29. New bedlinen is always a gorgeous gift
30. Your guests could treat you to the perfect duvet
31. And the perfect pillow to match
32. Need a new mattress? Stick it on your wedding gift list
Wedding gift ideas: homewares
If you are a home lover be sure to add a few pieces of homeware to your wedding gift ideas list. We've picked out pieces that range in style and price so you are sure to find something you would love to be gifted...
33. Pick out some funky wall art
34. Say it with a neon sign
35. Luxury towels are always a good idea
36. You can't go wrong with a Scented Candle
37. You will definitely need a Wine Rack
38. Luggage is a practical wedding gift
39. Pick out some throws and cushions
40. A Gallery Wall Frame Set for your wedding pics
41. Tablecloths and napkins are a practical (but pretty) choice
42. A cutesy Doormat for cutesy newlyweds
Wedding gift ideas: small gifts
Because the new girl you've worked with for all of six weeks but have invited as the rest of the team where all coming isn't going to want to fork out to buy you a KitchenAid, you need to have plenty of smaller ticketed items on your wedding gift ideas list. Here are some of our faves...
43. The classic (if not slightly clichéd) Mr & Mrs Mugs
44. A Personalised Wedding Gift idea: a Ring Dish
45. Cookery books
46. Or travel books
Wedding gift ideas: experiences and subscriptions
We love the idea of giving experience and subscriptions as gifts, so we say get a few of these on your wedding gift ideas list...