Best Black Friday Home Deals: Quick Menu
While the best Black Friday home deals peak in late November to early December, that doesn't mean you have to sit on your hands and postpone upgrading your space. The team and I have been in the business of finding the best discounts for a couple of years now, so if you're in a purchasing panic and don't know what to buy or when to buy it— we've got you.
Luckily, many of our team are qualified to endorse the offers we find. We've got small kitchen appliance experts who have eaten and drunk through several taste and performance tests, and contributors who are committed to sleeping on market-leading mattresses. And, not to brag, but our floors are in sparkling-clean condition as we've had hands-on experience with over 40 vacuums (so we also know which ones suck too).
Plus with some price-tracking know-how, we can separate the inflated deals from the authentic offers. Put simply, our editors know how to spot a genuinely good deal from something that's been synthetically slashed on Black Friday. And, if you want in but are unsure of where to start, why not be inspired by our round-up of retailers or sit back and sink your teeth into one of our reviews while you make your mind up?
Best Black Friday home deals and sales
Where to find the best Black Friday home deals
It's not always possible to call into a brick-and-mortar store. And, most of the time, clicking a button and getting goods delivered is so much easier than waiting your turn in a queue or using one of those self-checkout machines. So we've given you a running list of places to find items to revamp your rooms.
- Amazon: Up to 40% floorcare and upholstery cleaners, inc. Bissell
- Dyson: Up to $300 off Dyson technology this Cyber Week.
- eBay: Save up to 50% top brands, including a one or two-year warranty
- Emma: Up to 60% off mattresses, beds and pillows
- iRobot: Unlock Cyber Week Savings up to $645 off with $400 off Roomba Combo
- Nectar: Up to 40% off everything including twin mattresses from $359
- Neom: Currently 28% off wellbeing pod and essential oil blends collection
- Nest: 20% off mattresses, BOGOF natural pillows & up to 50% bedding & furniture
- Ooni: Up to 30% off bundles and accessories, ovens from just $244.30
- QVC: Up to 44% off kitchen appliances, and 40% off vacs including Shark Stratos
- Shark: 20% off orders $150+, 15% off orders $100+, 10% off sitewide
- Siena: Up to 60% off mattresses, including twin mattresses from $199
- Wayfair: Up to 70% off sitewide
- Walmart: Up to 65% off across flash deals, inc. Cuisinart and Instant Pot appliances
- Zinus: Up to 70% off mattresses, including best-selling mattresses from $115
How to spot the best Black Friday home deals
Sometimes, it's hard to distinguish the good from the bad (and the fake). If you already know what you want to buy e.g. a mattress topper for an uncomfortable bed, then you can visit our buying guides. These guides have been curated by our experts, with the majority of products featured in them having been reviewed by our team members. This way, you know you're buying quality.
Not to mention that some of the products in these guides are also on sale. See which products we recommend:
The best coffee makers
The best small coffee makers
The best pod coffee makers
The best single-serve coffee makers
The best espresso makers
Other small kitchen appliances
The best kettles
The best electric tea kettles
The best stovetop tea kettles
Top tips for bagging a good home deal
- Sign up to mailing lists: Subscribe to newsletter lists from your favorite retailers to be informed of deals as they drop. You can also sign up for our newsletter because we will be sharing the best home deals on Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
- Be prepared to research: Retailers will surface some of their best deals on homepages and top pages, but also the ones they want rid of or the ones they think will get the most traffic to the site. This is why it pays to navigate away from the main Black Friday landing pages. If you know what product you are after, head to that section of the site and get ready to scroll.
- Check out the lesser-known brands: The biggest brands may have the buying power to offer the best discounts, but they will also be the busiest sites and stock is more likely to go quickly. Look for lesser-known retailers (check their reviews on Trustpilot first) and see if they have the products you are after.
When is the best time to shop for home deals?
As well as Black Friday, one of the best times to shop is the last week of November (aka "Cyber Week") But, while retailers usually anticipate demand, items do sell out. So if you've had your eye on something for a while, it's best to get it as early as possible to avoid disappointment. We evaluate how good a deal is by using price-checker sites like camelcamelcamel to monitor Amazon's pricing.
When do Black Friday and Cyber Week home deals start in 2024?
We anticipate that Black Friday will officially begin on Friday 29 November 2024. Saying this, in 2023 many retailers slashed their prices as early as November 1.
Why do we have home sales on Black Friday?
The term 'Black Friday' had previously been used for bad economic events like Friday 24th September 1969 when a group of financiers tried to manipulate the gold market, leading to an economic crash. However, it was then applied to the shopping chaos that was noted in Philadelphia on the Friday after Thanksgiving, in 1961, and the name has stuck. With many people taking this day off work and using it to begin their Christmas shopping, it is one of the busiest days in the commercial calendar, both in shops and online.
Along with Cyber Monday, both events are loved by bargain hunters as they offer the chance to make big savings on everything from tech to furniture and more. With Black Friday weekend falling around a month before Christmas, it is a great opportunity to bag Christmas gifts and winter deals, too. Most recently, Cyber Monday deals have spilled into the days following it, allowing shoppers to snap up products into the last hours of November. This is known as Cyber Week.
What should I buy in a homeware sale?
It's only a deal if you truly need it, or you're unnecessary spending and you're not really saving any money. So, if any of your appliances are close to packing up or, your bedding is heading towards the end of their life (hello, six-year-old mattress!), now's the time to invest in quality products and spend less.
How to shop for home deals safely
Just as you would usually, ensure you're shopping securely. Paying by credit card will give you more protection than paying by debit card. If you pay with PayPal or another third-party payment service, you may not be eligible for these payment protections.
Cyber Week home deals vs. post-Christmas home deals — which are better?
Ultimately, the timing of your purchase might depend on a number of variables.
What are you looking to buy? In the past, Cyber Week have been focused on electronics, including small kitchen appliances, and post-Christmas a more furnishings and fragrances-focused event. Nowadays, retailers use both sale periods indiscriminately.
Why are you buying? Cyber Week is a great time to snap up gifts before Christmas. But, if you're not seeing friends and family until after the new year, or missed out on Black Friday home deals — post-Christmas is your next best chance to bag and bargain.
Who are you buying for? It's not uncommon for retailers to sell off older appliance models before a new release lands just in time for Christmas. So if you're buying for a tech geek who wants the most up-to-date gadget, check before you buy.
Look at retailer discounting patterns: Remembering what sale they had last year might give you a good indication of what could happen this year.
When do you get paid? Ultimately, a deal is only a deal if you want the product in the first place, and you're comfortable managing your finances. We will always encourage responsible shopping (or lending if you're buying on store credit).
Our experts and expertise
From testing vacuum cleaners, to reviewing air fryers, and assessing coffee makers, our experts have reviewed most of the products that we've included on this page. Occasionally, we might not be able to call in samples of a product, so we rely on reviews to determine whether a deal is worth investing in.
Meet the team below:
Christina Chrysostomou balances her time sitting behind a desk and getting hands-on with some of the best small kitchen appliances on the market. She has been invited to De'Longhi's factory in Treviso, Italy, has attended espresso-making workshops at the Smeg London Flagship Store, and has even been to the SharkNinja HQ to see how air fryers are vacuums are built. Before joining the Future Plc family, Christina worked for Media 10, including on events such as the Ideal Home Show, Grand Designs Live, Eat & Drink Festival where many products featured in a show home or kitchen scheme. She also produced digital content for Good Homes and Grand Designs Magazine.
Annie has tested a range of vacuum cleaners, from stick to robot to handheld models, for Real Homes. Before becoming our head of ecommerce, she has previously written for our sister publications, Livingetc and Homes & Gardens.
If you can't find what you're looking for, try this AI Dealbot. All the recommendations are written by editorial staff at our sister publications, with first-hand experience of the products, but the bot can find deals, much faster than we can!