Busy, but for good reason, the Black Friday sales are known as a huge annual shopping event for only the bravest of bargain hunters. After gaining a rather hectic reputation for itself in years past, including videos circulating of shoppers fighting for the best deals, it's time to answer the all-important question: do you have to go in-store to get a good Black Friday deals – or can you snag one without leaving your house?
Going to stores for Black Friday sales deals: the pros and cons
- The shops will be packed: the truth is, Black Friday will always be slightly more manic than usual shopping days, because of the amazing discounts on offer.
- You might have to take the children: not advisable if you can avoid it.
- You'll have to get there early to grab the bargains or you'll miss out.
- You'll have to carry your bargains from shop to shop.
- You can't compare prices between stores unless you're prepared to dash from shop to shop.
- It's a day out – if you're looking to get out of the house/away from the family, it's the perfect excuse.
Shopping for Black Friday deals at home: the pros and cons
- You're more than likely to find the best deal if you're at home, because with the internet at your fingertips you can compare product prices in different stores in minutes (especially if you visit our deals pages where we do the legwork for you).
- Free delivery: most companies will deliver to your door for free or for a small standard delivery cost.
- Next day delivery: most of us can wait an extra 24 hours for that deal to arrive.
- Last minute money-off deals – you can keep your eyes on them and react when they become available.
- You may need to register for the best deals – if, for example, being an Amazon Prime customer bags you a better deal, sign up before Black Friday.
- We'll do the legwork for you – our deals pages (see below) will be updated regularly with the latest, best deals.
- You can shop in your PJs.
The best Black Friday deals for your home
Always immediately after Thanksgiving, this year's Black Friday will fall on Friday 23rd November, with Cyber Monday on 26th November. If you're in desperate need of a new appliance, piece of furniture or tech deal, we suggest you wait until the sales to buy, as the bargains are immense. Now, you may be way ahead of us and already know what you're in need of, so click the links below to find out how to get the best deals.
- Best Black Friday bed deals
- Best Black Friday mattress deals
- Best Black Friday smart home deals
- Best Black Friday sofa deals
- Best Black Friday washing machine deals
- Best Black Friday fridge and freezer deals
- Best Black Friday sofa bed deals
- Best Black Friday TV deals
- Best Black Friday bedding deals
- Best Black Friday Amazon Smart Home deals
- Best Black Friday gamer deals
- Best Black Friday garden deals
- Best Black Friday appliance deals
- Best Black Friday furniture deals
- Best Black Friday Made.com deals
- Best Black Friday AO.com deals
- Best black Friday Amazon deals
- Best Black Friday Walmart deals
- Best Black Friday John Lewis & Partners deals