Doing some Black Friday shopping this year? Whether you are buying an appliance, some new furniture or you are getting your Christmas shopping done early, we can help. First thing's first: if you want to get the best deals, then you need to be prepared. We've put together 10 failsafe ways to make sure you score the best deal(s) out there. Have a quick read and get prepared. Check out our Black Friday home deals page for all of the best offers live now.
From doing your research to checking refund policies, here's how to make sure you're feeling smug when the big day arrives...
1. Sign up to newsletters from your favourite retailers
This guarantees that you'll not only see the best deals on Black Friday itself, but any top bargains in the run-up, too. And don’t forget to sign up to the Real Homes newsletter below. As well as great ideas for your home and garden, we'll also be sharing the best Black Friday deals on our email newsletters. Subscribe now to keep up to date with the event.
2. Write a shopping list (or get Alexa to make one for you)
There are so many things up for sale on Black Friday, you can end up like a panicked kids in a sweet shop five minutes before closing time. Write a list of items you actually want to buy and note down your upper spending limit for each. If the product isn’t on sale below that limit, it’s not the deal for you. It also means you can search for exactly what you want and get in there first.
3. Research the best products
If you know you want a particular appliance or product, research the best models beforehand so you know exactly what you are looking for on Black Friday. Our Real Homes buying guides are here to help you find everything from the best vacuum cleaner to the best pair of hair straighteners, so check them out. This is our way of helping to stop you from spending money on a dud, just because it was cheap.
Otherwise, you can see Black Friday bestsellers below – all of these sold really well last year.
4. Use Google for specific deals
Once you know what you want, use Google to search for that deal. Type in Le Creuset sale for example, and not only will you see Google shopping results, but also buying guides from third parties like us. These are great for reading up on the pros of a product and comparing a few different models in one place. Search for these on Black Friday itself, but also in the run-up, incase there's an offer that is too good to miss.
Alternatively, we have a range of sales pages we update daily. You can shop them below to find the best offers around by type.
- Black Friday mattress deals
- Black Friday Amazon Echo deals
- Black Friday fridge deals (and freezers, too)
- Black Friday washing machine deals
- Black Friday vacuum cleaner deals
- Black Friday bedding sales
- Black Friday bed sales
- Black Friday best sofa sales
- Black Friday furniture deals
- Black Friday coffee maker sales
- Black Friday broadband deals
- Black Friday TV deals
- KitchenAid Black Friday 2020 deals
5. Don't just compare prices
Low prices are great, but don’t discount the extras. Free shipping, extended guarantees and free aftercare should all be factored in to the overall cost. Buying an appliance? Check if installation is thrown in, too. Gas ovens will need fitting by an approved engineer and you may want a plumber to fit your new washing machine, so free installation could save you a lot of money.
6. Check a deal really is a deal
If you are holding out to buy a product on Black Friday, check what it’s RRP is now and get an idea of how much it costs from various retailers. Then, when Black Friday comes around, you will know how good a deal really is.
7. Bookmark Black Friday pages
To speed up your shopping on the big day, bookmark retailers’ Black Friday pages now so you don’t have to find them on the big day. There are a few ways to find these. Try searching the name of the site and ‘black Friday’ on Google. Or, go to the site and play around with the URL. A lot of sites use ‘/sales’ or ‘/black-friday’ for their Black Friday pages.
You can see all of the Black Friday sales that are live already, below. Click to shop them.
UK Black Friday sales:
- Amazon: (opens in new tab) early Black Friday sale live from 26th Oct - 19th Nov
- Anthropologie: (opens in new tab) 20% off ALL monogram
- AO: (opens in new tab) Black Friday deals live NOW – vacuums, washing machines, TVs and more
- Argos: (opens in new tab) clearance sale now on
- B&M: (opens in new tab) Black Friday deals coming soon
- B&Q: (opens in new tab) garden power tools, Christmas, lighting and more offers coming soon
- Cox & Cox: (opens in new tab) Grey Friday sale now live – 25% off full priced items with code HURRY25
- Currys PC World: (opens in new tab) Black Friday prices live NOW – they'll even refund the difference
- Debenhams: (opens in new tab) 14 days of amazing half price deals
- Dunelm: (opens in new tab) Black Friday home deals coming soon
- Dyson: (opens in new tab) shop gift sets for Christmas now
- eBay: (opens in new tab) 20% off more than two million products with code PURCHASE20
- Etsy: (opens in new tab) 20% off Christmas buys
- Eve Sleep: (opens in new tab) early Black Friday sale – 15% off orders £500+
- Fy: (opens in new tab) 20% off for new customers
- GHD: (opens in new tab) 10% off for new customers who sign up to the GHD newsletter
- Groupon: (opens in new tab) Black Friday deals pending
- H&M Home: (opens in new tab) up to 50% off pre-Black Friday offers
- Habitat: (opens in new tab) £10 off £75+ for new customers
- Harrods: (opens in new tab) click to shop home and furniture
- Homebase: (opens in new tab) click to shop 100s of deals live now
- House of Fraser: (opens in new tab) Black Friday sale coming very soon
- John Lewis & Partners: (opens in new tab) home and garden sale now on
- La Redoute: (opens in new tab) up to 40% off EVERYTHING for Black Friday
- Lakeland: (opens in new tab) early Black Friday deals now on
- Le Creuset: (opens in new tab) incredible offers on mugs, glasses, casserole dishes and more
- Made.com: (opens in new tab) Black Friday sale pending – shop clearance now
- Matalan: (opens in new tab) Black Friday mega sale coming soon!
- Nectar: (opens in new tab) £100 off any mattress for Singles Day plus two free pillows and free delivery
- Ninja: (opens in new tab) blenders, multicookers, air fryers and grills all on sale
- Robert Dyas: (opens in new tab) Black Friday deals now live
- ScS: (opens in new tab) half price sofa sale now on!
- Selfridges: (opens in new tab) 20% off every single thing on site using code SELFCCE
- Shark: (opens in new tab) save up to £120 on Shark vacuum cleaners
- Simba: (opens in new tab) Black Friday sale – 35% off site-wide
- The Range: (opens in new tab) Black Friday sale starts on the 19th November – sofas, toasters and more...
- Tk Maxx: (opens in new tab) 60% off sale on now
- Wayfair: (opens in new tab) Black Friday pre sale starts 20th November
US Black Friday sales:
- Amazon: (opens in new tab) shop the Holiday Dash to score a deal before Black Friday
- Best Buy: (opens in new tab) score a Black Friday deal now!
- Casper: (opens in new tab) 30% off bundles, 15% off mattresses, 10% off pillows, bedding and more
- H&M Home: (opens in new tab) 20% off everything – early Black Friday special
- The Home Depot: (opens in new tab) Black Friday sale now ON
- Lowes: (opens in new tab) find savings on appliances, 25% off lighting and deals on home décor
- Shark: (opens in new tab) buy more, save more! Up to $75 off your order
- Target: (opens in new tab) weekly Black Friday deals including smart home tech, TVs and more
- Walmart: (opens in new tab) 1000s of Black Friday deals already live
- Wayfair: (opens in new tab) Black Friday sneak preview – 80% off
8. Don't wait until Friday November 27th
Last year, lots of sales dropped the day before and some even began in the week running up to Black Friday. We are expecting the biggest discounts on the 27th, then another flurry on Cyber Monday which is on the 30th November. This year, as we already know, several sites have launched their sales early. We've popped five of the best early deals below – UK and US.
Amazon Echo Show 5 - Charcoal |
£79.99 £64.99 at Amazon (opens in new tab)
This useful little multitasker will come in handy in any household: use it to catch up on the news, watch film trailers, or ask Alexa what today's weather holds. We've tried it and it's a winner – especially at that price.
Read our Amazon Echo Show 5 (opens in new tab) review for more details.
Shark Klik n Flip Steam Pocket Mop S6001UK |
£119.99 £79.99 at Robert Dyas (opens in new tab)
An easy way to sanitise your floors, this steam mop produces steam on demand, and it can be used on all types of hard floors from tiles to laminate. Great for stubborn stains, too, just flip over the head once you're done and use the other side. The best part? You needn't use any cleaning products with it – the steam does the cleaning for you!
FITBIT Inspire 2 & Nest Mini (2nd Gen) Bundle | £89.99 at Currys PC World (opens in new tab)
Buy a Fitbit Inspire 2 from Currys PC World right now and you'll get a free Google Nest Mini with it. The Fitbit can track your steps, calories, active minutes, female health and more, while it's water-resistant, too. As for the Nest Mini, it can be used anywhere in the home to control your smart devices, or just to ask questions and set timers and alarms. Choose from a huge range of colours.
SodaStream Jet Sparkling Water Maker |
$139.99 $104.99 at Amazon (opens in new tab)
With $35 off at Amazon, this SodaStream bundle is a bargain. It comes with the machine, two 60L cylinders, three 1L carbonating bottles and two fruit drop flavours. Easy to use and great for the environment, and now super cheap!
Ninja Foodi 6-in-1 8-qt., 2-Basket Air Fryer with DualZone Technology |
$179.99 $149.99 at Best Buy (opens in new tab)
We LOVE this air fryer from Ninja and the price is even better than before with this deal. It has two independent baskets which means that you can cook two different food types at the same time. You can Air Fry, Air Broil, Roast, Bake, Reheat, and Dehydrate or the choice is yours how you cook.
9. Check delivery times
Black Friday is so close to Christmas, so, if you are buying gifts – or perhaps furniture that you want in time for the festive season – check how long it will take to be delivered. Your post person will also be a lot busier than usual, which may mean longer delivery times – even if you are signed up for next-day delivery.
10. Remember to check the returns policy
If you’ve followed our buying advice, then hopefully there won’t be any purchases you regret in your household, but it’s still worth checking the returns policy so you don’t get stung paying to send items back if they’re not right. And if you’re buying Christmas gifts, then make sure you have plenty of time to return any unwanted items. This time of year is hectic and it can be easy to miss that returns window.