Being an Amazon Prime member carries many benefits. We all know about the free next-day delivery and access to Amazon Prime Video, and often take advantage of both – watching back to back episodes of The Marvelous Miss Maisel using the Alexa Fire Stick we bought the day before for example... You might even be using their book and magazine downloads to read your favourite glossies for free, or Prime Music for all your music streaming needs.
But are you aware that Prime membership gives you early access to deals on Amazon? If you didn't, this nugget of information could not be more well timed with Black Friday round the corner.
During Black Friday (and Amazon's other major sales events) Prime members will get to see Lightning Deals 30 minutes before the general public. As Lightning Deals are offers on products that are only available for a certain duration, and in limited quantities, Prime members can snaffle up all the deals before non-members even get a look in. So, it can mean the difference between saving hundreds on the latest robot vacuum cleaner – or not getting it at all.
So how can you become an Amazon Prime member? Sign up to Amazon Prime now or take out a 30-day free trial (this will see you through to early December so you will be able to grab Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals). Once you have done that, you can check out current live Amazon deals to bag a bargain in the run up to Black Friday. You can also scroll down to the bottom of this page to see today's best deals.
What benefits does an Amazon Prime member get?
- Prime delivery: AKA free next-day delivery. This will be even more handy this Black Friday as it falls a bit later and this will guarantee your gifts and Christmas buys will arrive on time. Some eligible items even have same-day delivery.
- Prime Now: An upgrade to the service above, customers in some locations can get their order in 1–2 hours.
- Prime Video: Access to hundreds of box-sets, movies and documentaries to stream through your smart TV or streaming stick.
- Prime Music: Ad-free music straight to all your devices.
- Prime Reading: borrow books and magazines for free to read on your Kindle or e-reader apps on smartphone and tablet.
- Prime Wardrobe: Try before you buy with seven days to try and return any clothes on Amazon from eligible vendors.
- Early-access to sales: See the deals before general users. You will also receive email alerts about new deals so you don't miss a thing.