We've been a little bit obsessed with this corn on the cob recipe ever since we discovered it. Not only is it a great option for switching up your sides – especially if you're planning on barbecuing this weekend – it's also well-loved by kids and could be a great way to encourage them to eat more veg.
In fact, Jamie Oliver says 'fresh corn is fantastic on its own, but if you struggle to get veg into your kids, adding a topping is a great way to get them to eat more of it. They'll love getting stuck in with the rolling, so get a mini production line going and have fun with it.' We don't know about you, but that sounds pretty appealing to us.
Find out how to make it below. Or, find more recipe inspiration over on our food hub.
- Special thanks to Tesco for sharing this recipe with us
Jamie Oliver's supercharged corn on the cob
Tempted by Jamie Oliver's supercharged corn on the cob? You will need:
- Two smoked streaky bacon rashers
- Fine breadcrumbs, 50 grams
- Two sprigs fresh rosemary
- Four corn cobs
- Parmigiano Reggiano, 30 grams
- Natural yogurt, four tablespoons
- A lime
- Smoked paprika, a quarter of a tablespoon
- Extra virgin olive oil
1. Very finely chop the bacon and fry in a large non-stick frying pan on a high heat for two mins. Add the breadcrumbs, then pick in the rosemary (if using) and fry for a further four mins, or until golden and crisp. Tip out onto a plate and leave to cool.
2. Add the corn to the same pan and cook for 10 mins, or until tender and charred, turning occasionally.
3. Finely grate the Parmesan onto a clean plate.
4. Spread the yogurt onto another plate and squeeze over half the lime juice. Dust with the paprika, then drizzle over one tbsp oil and mix well. Season to taste, if needed.
5. Roll each cob in the yogurt, then the cheese and finally the breadcrumb mixture, pressing so all the flavours stick to the outside. Cut the remaining lime half into wedges for squeezing over, and get stuck in!