Are your walls always getting scuffed and stained? Then watch the latest episode of the Real Homes Show, in association with Checkatrade (opens in new tab), where we put the leading brands of washable paint to the test.
Presenter Laura Crombie tries to wipe shoe scuffs, greasy fingerprints, ketchup and pencil marks off paints from Farrow & Ball, Dulux, Crown and Valspar. Will the paint stay put and the marks come off? Don't decorate high-traffic areas until you've seen the results of our test of the best washable paints!
Also in this week's episode, we're heading outdoors (*prays the sun finally has its hat on*). Instagram star Lisa Dawson shows us around her covered outdoor seating area – perfect whatever the weather – and Jason Orme explains why it's worth employing a garden designer, even if you've got a tiny garden and aren't exactly green fingered.
We've also got the Small Space Squad helping homeowner Nadeem with plans to transform his tired 1930s house and Style Editor Anna Morley's advice on choosing walnut furniture for your home on any budget.
The whole episode is just 20 minutes' long, but you can use the timings below to skip to your favourite sections:
Watch more episodes of the Real Homes Show
Episode one – decorating with mustard, updating a cottage kitchen on a budget and finding a builder
Episode two – extending a kitchen for under £50,000, plus the best store loyalty card freebies
Episode three – money-saving cleaning hacks, plus design ideas for playrooms and loft conversions
Episode four – loft conversion design ideas, decorating with cobalt blue, plus bargain ways to link your home and garden
Episode five – discover the best online clearance sales and create space for a master en suite
- Small Space Squad (0.55) – our expert renovators help Nadeem Ladha with plans to transform his family's uninspiring 1930s home. From adding extensions to moving staircases and updating the exterior, this is a grand transformation with a budget to match.
- Colour Wheel (6.40) – style editor Anna Morley explains how to introduce timeless walnut into your home, however much you have to spend.
- Checking It Out (10.50) – presenter Laura Crombie puts washable paints to the test and reveals which is best for your hallway, kitchen and kids' rooms.
- Trade Secrets (15.53) – Renovation expert Jason Orme explains how to work with a garden designer. Take a look at Checkatrade (opens in new tab) to start searching in your area.
- #SoRealHomes (19.12) – Instagram star Lisa Dawson shows Sian Astley (opens in new tab) around her covered garden seating area.
- Bathroom Takeaway competition (20.46) – see details below for how to enter.
We’ve teamed up with Bathroom Takeaway to give one lucky viewer the chance to win an Aria bathroom suite (opens in new tab), a designer chrome radiator (opens in new tab) and a bamboo bath caddy (opens in new tab), worth £1,025. This competition has now closed, but head to www.realhomes.com/tv for the latest giveaway.