Would you love to add a playroom or loft conversion to your house but don't know where to start? Watch episode three of the Real Homes Show for expert advice on creating the space you need without extending.
Watch more episodes of the Real Homes Show
Watch episode one of the Real Homes Show for tips on saving money when you buy furniture online, advice on decorating with mustard, and how to revamp a kitchen on a budget
Watch episode two of the Real Homes Show for kitchen extensions under £50,000, decorating with dark green, and the best store loyalty card freebies
You can also watch presenter Laura Crombie's top five spring cleaning hacks. Discover easy ways to clean your dishwasher, oven, microwave, shower head and plugholes without using shop-bought cleaning products. You'll save time, money and help the environment – triple win!
Also in this episode, how to decorate with dusky pink; why it's worth working with a professional decorator; and tips for making your conservatory somewhere you'll actually use (why are they always boiling in summer and freezing in winter?!), courtesy of Instagram star Sarah Parmenter (opens in new tab).
Make sure you subscribe to the Real Homes YouTube channel (opens in new tab) now to be the first to know when our next episode goes live, and tune in to Sky 189 to watch the show at 8pm on a Thursday evening.
This episode, sponsored by Checkatrade (opens in new tab), is just 20 minutes long, but you can use these handy timings to skip to the main sections:
- Small Space Squad (0.57) – our expert renovators help Charlotte Jones, from Worcestershire, add a playroom and fourth bedroom to her 1990s estate house. Find out more about how to plan a loft conversion or garage conversion.
- Colour Wheel (6.45) – stylist Anna Morley explains how to bring a splash of dusky pink to your home, however much you have to spend. From accent cushions, to a new wall colour and bedroom armchair, she shares her styling tips (find more pink room design ideas in our feature).
- Checking It Out (11.34) – presenter Laura Crombie shares the her top five spring cleaning hacks that'll save you time, money and help the environment. Cleaning the oven has never been such fun – promise.
- Trade Secrets (13.58) – thinking of painting or wallpapering yourself? Renovation expert Jason Orme explains why it's worth calling in a professional decorator and how to find one. Take a look at Checkatrade (opens in new tab) to start searching in your area.
- Hotpoint competition (18.43) – see details below for how to enter.
- #SoRealHomes (19.28) – Instagram star Sarah Parmenter shows Sian Astley (opens in new tab)how she turned her draughty conservatory from drab to fab.
We've teamed up with Hotpoint to help make doing laundry a load more enjoyable with our exclusive competition. One lucky winner will receive a Hotpoint ActiveCare 10kg washing machine (opens in new tab), worth £469.99, a Hotpoint ActiveCare 8kg heat pump tumble dryer, worth £479.99, a washing machine care kit, worth £24.99, and some £6.99 tumble dryer balls.
This competition is now closed, but you can enter our last giveaway now.
Take a look at these related articles
- Discover our top loft conversion ideas
- Planning a playroom? Check out these 17 playroom design ideas
- Clean freak? Read our 15 ways to use vinegar to clean your home
- Need some playroom inspiration? Check out these practical ideas