The Small Space Squad help homeowner Becki come up with plans to convert the loft of her 1800s home to create a workspace for her daughter Brodie.
Experts Laura Crombie and Jason Orme advise on choosing the best location for stairs, how much it'll cost, and making sure the conversion meets building regulations.
Also in this episode, decorating with cobalt blue, budget ways to link your home and garden (while you save up for those sliding or bi-fold doors), and how to find a heating engineer.
The whole episode is just 20 minutes' long, but you can use the timings below to skip to your favourite sections:
Watch more episodes of the Real Homes Show now
- Small Space Squad (0.53) – our expert renovators help Becki Vincze, from Cradley, with plans to convert the loft of her 1800s semi. Find out more about how to plan a loft conversion.
- Colour Wheel (5.20) – style editor Anna Morley explains how to introduce cobalt blue into your home, however much you have to spend. From colourful candlesticks, to artwork and dining chairs, she shares her styling tips (find more blue design ideas in our feature).
- Checking It Out (10.27) – presenter Laura Crombie visits her local Homesense to show you three simple ways to bring the outside in on a budget. Linking your home and garden without forking out on bi-fold doors? Win!
- Trade Secrets (13.30) – boiler on its way out? Want to know the alternatives to gas boilers? Renovation expert Jason Orme explains how to find a heating engineer. Take a look at Checkatrade to start searching in your area.
- #SoRealHomes (17.22) – Instagram star Sara Carlton shows Sian Astley how she created her industrial kitchen on a budget.
- Stairfurb competition (19.12)