It's the moment we've been waiting for – the first episode of the Real Homes Show, in association with Checkatrade (opens in new tab), is now live!
If you need a little help making your dream home a reality but don't have a fortune to spend (read: you've run out of ideas and/or money), then our team of experts is here to help.
Every fortnight, former Real Homes magazine editor Laura Crombie will be joined by a panel of guests including renovation experts Jason Orme and Sian Astley (opens in new tab), stylist Anna Morley, and Instagram stars such as Lisa Dawson and Amy Wilson from This Style Rocks, to help you transform your home.
The whole episode is just 20 minutes, but you can use these handy timings to skip to the main sections:
- Small Space Squad (01.15) – how to transform a small Victorian workers' cottage on a budget. We reveal the cost of adding central heating to a period home, plus how to revamp a small wooden kitchen by painting the units and updating the flooring
- Colour Wheel (06.00) – stylist Anna Morley explains how to bring a splash of mustard to your home, however much you have to spend. From a cheap mustard table runner paired with black cutlery, to a statement mustard sofa, she shares her styling tips
- Checking It Out (10.18) – presenter Laura Crombie explains how to save money when buying furniture, appliances and accessories for your home. Discover how to use newsletter signs ups to save up to £20 on your next shop
- Trade Secrets (12.13) – if you want to find the right builder for your home improvement project, then we're here to help. Renovation expert Jason Orme explains the questions to ask potential builders, plus what you need to have prepared before you meet them (Clue: Plenty of tea will help!)
- #SoRealHomes (19.10) – Instagram star Lisa Dawson tells us how to recreate the iconic gallery wall in her hallway. Take a look for tips on choosing images and frames, plus hanging and spacing them correctly
And to celebrate the first episode, we're giving away an amazing £1,400 prize bundle, including:
- A Blink indoor security camera, worth £129.99
- A Newshome vegan lavender candle, worth £15.99
- A Drayton Wiser smart home heating system and smart plug, worth £154.98
- A Methven Turoa shower head, worth £270.00
- A Yale sync IA320 smart home alarm from Safe, worth £279
- A Beldray (opens in new tab) Quick-Vac Lite cordless vacuum, worth £55
- A set of Kitsound Immerse noise cancelling Bluetooth headphones, worth £59.99
- Four Rabbit & Cabbage napkins from Thornback & Peel, worth £45
- An Anna Jacobs peacock velvet cushion, worth £79
- A Chalk Pink Linen Company tumbled grey tablecloth, worth £85
- A Kate & The Ink Bonjour print, worth £24
- A Lovestruck Interiors metal ampersand, worth £55
This competition has now closed but take a look at the latest episode of the Real Homes Show to enter our new giveaway.
Read articles related to this episode:
- Give your kitchen a quick and affordable makeover with the best paint for kitchen cabinets
- Find your dream mustard sofa in our list of the best yellow sofas
- Check out our deals page for the latest online discounts
- Read more advice on finding a good builder
- Discover how to create the perfect gallery wall