Chicken skewers are a go-to for many and are certainly one of our favourite BBQ recipes. Not only are they quick and easy to make, but they're also pretty healthy, affordable and universally adored – great news if you're hosting for friends or family this weekend.
Plus, chicken provides the perfect base to experiment with flavours, meaning that as long as you're always open to trying new recipes, you're unlikely to ever get bored of chicken skewers. One such example of a chicken skewer recipe that we can't get enough of at the moment is the combination of chicken breast and fresh tomatoes with a tasty BBQ sauce.
Find out how to make it below. Then, find more inspiration over on our food hub.
- Special thanks to Aldi for sharing this tasty recipe with us
Chicken and tomato skewers
To recreate these tasty chicken and tomato skewers, you will need:
- Chicken breast
- Cherry tomatoes
- BBQ marinade – you could buy a pre-made marinade, or try combining combines fennel seeds, smoked paprika, caster sugar, cumin seeds, sea salt and ground black pepper to make your own tasty rub.
1. Thread diced chicken, along with tomatoes onto each skewer.
2. Sprinkle the marinade/seasoning over the kebabs. If you have enough time, you could do this in advance so that the kebabs have plenty of time for the flavours to infuse.
3. Cook the skewers on the BBQ or on the grill for about 10 minutes. It really is that simple.
Serving suggestion: we love these chicken skewers served up with the usual BBQ fodder – jacket potatoes, new potatoes or potato salad (loving a potato), juicy corn on the cob and salad, but why not slip them off a skewer on to flatbread, add salad and a generous dollop of Greek yoghurt?
You can use our flatbread recipe to make your own quickly and really easily.