We might not be able to do Halloween like we usually do but these super cute spider cookies are a treat the kids will love – even if they're not going out to trick this year. The beauty of them is that the kids can get involved in making them: they only need four steps from start to finish, and they're quick, too – taking just 10 minutes to prep and five to cook!
Our recipe serves 12, but you can adjust to make more or less. We're using ready made cookies (choose your faves!) and if you want more Halloween food ideas, recipe inspo (because it's not all about ghouls) then head over to our hub.
- if you want to know how to make cookie dough from scratch, don't miss our guide.
How to make spider cookies
- Thanks to Aldi for this recipe
- 1 packet Specially Selected White Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- 12 Moser Roth Salted Caramel Truffles
- 150g Dark Chocolate
- 24 White Chocolate Chips
- Melt the chocolate in a glass bowl over a pan of hot water (or just put it in the microwave for 20 seconds at a time), stirring every 30 seconds to ensure it doesn’t over heat.
- Pour half the chocolate into a piping bag (if you don't have one you can try and make a homemade one) and pipe eight legs onto each cookie.
- Dip the truffles into the remaining dark chocolate, then place them onto the cookies as the spiders’ bodies.
- Use the white chocolate chips onto the spiders as the eyes.
- Ta da, you're done!