Pulled pork sandwiches are one of our go to weekend lunch or dinner ideas. Not only are they relatively easy to prepare, their unique sweet and smoky taste simply can't be beaten.
While it's perfectly possible to slow cook your own pulled pork – see our guide on how to do this – more supermarkets are also stocking pre-made pulled pork which speed up the process significantly. The recipe we're sharing today allows you to make use of a shop bought solution, or make your own, depending on the amount of time you're working with.
Check out the full recipe below, then head over to our food hub for more recipe ideas and inspiration.
- Special thanks to Aldi for sharing this recipe with us
Pulled pork sandwich
- Pulled pork (either homemade or shop bought)
- White bread rolls
- Large vine tomatoes
- Romaine lettuce
- Bramley apple sauce, 270 grams
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan oven/Gas Mark 6.
2. Cook the pulled pork as per instructions on the pack, or as our pulled pork recipe instructs you to do.
3. Meanwhile, slice the tomatoes and shred the lettuce.
4. Put the potato wedges on a tray and bake for 20 minutes.
5. Bake the rolls in the oven for six minutes.
6. Put the apple sauce in a bowl.
7. Serve the pulled pork alongside the split rolls, salad and apple sauce for people to make up into sandwiches. You can also serve with potato wedges if you desire.
More recipe ideas:
- BBQ chicken recipe – learn how to barbecue a whole chicken