Iced coffee seriously can't be beaten when the good weather rolls around. And given how stunning the past couple of says have been, we thought it was about time we taught you how to make it at home. After all, just because coffee shops are closed, it doesn't mean you can't enjoy this iced delight at the start, middle, or even end of your day.
And whether you're working with coffee beans, coffee grounds or instant coffee, it's super easy to make iced coffee that tastes pretty similar to anything you might buy while out and about. Plus, you can keep your iced coffee pretty simple, or add a homemade syrup for something a little more special.
Follow the recipe below, or head over to our food ideas hub for more recipe ideas and inspiration.
- 150ml black coffee
- 100ml milk or non-dairy milk – add more or less depending on your preference
- Handful of ice cubes
- Optional: maple syrup, vanilla extract, cinnamon, coffee syrup
1. Prepare your coffee as you would usually, then set it aside to cool.
2. In the meantime, add milk and ice to a large glass, along with any syrups or flavourings you might be opting for.
3. Once your coffee is completely cooled, add to the milk and ice mixture and stir until thoroughly combined.
- This recipe makes a traditional whipped coffee, but you could also give the super popular Dalgona whipped coffee a go – simply add to cold milk, as opposed to the warm milk advised.
Looking for more breakfast ideas?
- Smoothie recipes - make a smoothie with whatever you have in the fridge