Working from home? Check out these Amazon home office buys, all of which have been designed to make your life easier, your productivity levels higher and your desk tidier. It's time to get out of the working from home rut, especially as for some of us this may become the new normal – whether that's five days a week or only three. Apparently, 23 per cent of people have been looking to buy some home office tech recently – and we are hardly surprised. Because working from our dining tables just isn't doing it for us anymore. Simple buys from an Amazon Smart Plug to a desk organizer and a desk-friendly smartphone holder, all have the power to motivate you to tick off your to-do list every day.
We've heard from Alexa Smart Home Manager, Toni Radzihovska, for some recommendations on how to get the most out of your (makeshift or not) home office with Amazon – using smart tech, too. “It’s more important than ever to create a working from home environment that fulfils your individual needs – whether that’s gearing up for the working day or winding down at the end of it."
Check out these home office buys below, all of which you can buy from Amazon today. Prime member? You'll probably be using your new buys from tomorrow.
1. An Amazon Echo to play music, remind you when you have a meeting and control your lighting
“We’re in a time that has thrown our usual routines out of sync. With Alexa, users can create their own routines and edge closer to a normal that suits their daily lives” – Toni Radzihovska, Alexa Smart Home Manager
2. A pretty pen holder for your large collection
3. A lovely mouse pad for easy searching
4. A smart plug to turn on your kettle from your desk
5. A desk organiser to keep everything in its place
6. A handy phone holder to keep distractions at bay
7. An eco-friendly desk mat to protect your surface from scratches and pen marks
8. You need some cable tidies to keep your wires untangled
9. This cute mini vacuum for cleaning up crumbs from your lunch
10. Buy a Philips Hue starter set to control your home office lighting with your voice
11. Buy some hexagonal wall tiles to stick notes on
12. You'll need some stylish highlighters for ticking off your to-do list...
13. Invest in a laptop stand to reduce neck strain
14. By a Fire TV Stick to watch This Morning with your voice
Annie joined the Real Homes team in 2018 after interning on Country & Town House. As the website's Deals Editor, Annie spends much of her time helping you find the best buys for your home – when she is not doing that, she is putting her research to use buying homeware online, or Instagramming her beautifully styled rooms.