So you've decided you want to extend your house, but who do you speak to first? In this week's Real Homes Show, we've picked the brains of architectural technologist Nick Stockley to bring you the inside-info on finding an architect, builder and tradespeople to design and build your extension. How much does an architect really cost? Should you employ each trade separately? Does it actually matter if you like them? The find out the answers to all of these questions, and lots more, just watch our online TV show.
Also in this episode, sponsored by Resi, interior designer Sian Astley explains the three key bedroom trends for 2020, and tech expert Verity Burns shares the five gadgets every keen home chef needs in their life. Finally, watch presenter Laura Crombie put steam irons to the test so you know which is best for tackling those creases.
The whole episode is 20 minutes' long, but you can use these timing to skip to your favourite sections:
- Finding tradespeople (45 secs): How to find the architect, builder and other trades you need for your extension project
- Smart home tech (6 mins 37 secs): The 5 gadgets every keen chef needs
- Bedroom design trends (10 mins 30 secs): 3 key interior design trends for bedrooms
- Steam irons, tested (13 mins 57 secs): Discover the easiest way to get your clothes crease free
- Competition (17 mins 40 secs): Win a high-tech digital shower from Aqualisa
If all that advice and inspiration wasn't enough, we've also teamed up with Aqualisa to give away a HiQu single outlet shower with remote from its premier range. To be in with a chance of winning, simply complete the form below: