In the market to buy one of the best fibre broadband deals? If you're worried about adding another expense to your bills, fibre broadband is possibly cheaper than you imagine. In fact, prices start from as little as £17.99 per month right now.
There are also plenty of plans to choose from – you can bulk up your package with a broadband, TV and phone bonanza – and if you're feeling nosy, you can see how much a hefty 350Mb internet will cost you every month, too.
The cheapest fibre broadband deal available right now has an average speed of 17Mb – this is plenty for a small family who don't spend all day surfing the web. A package with an average speed of 50Mb is the best option for those who enjoy scrolling their social networks. That said, those who have a large internet-reliant family may want to opt for a deal with averages of 108Mb (or more) for a smoother connection.
Jump to what you want to know:
Use the links on the right to navigate your way through this page. First up you have the chance to dig in to our dedicated fibre broadband comparison chart to see the best prices from all the leading providers such as BT, Virgin, Vodafone and Sky. Just to give you an insight into prices and average speeds. Keep scrolling to see our pick of the best deals available right now, and if you go even further down, we'll let you in on all you need to know before you lock down a deal and what to consider before pressing pay.
THE #1 BEST FIBRE BROADBAND DEAL FOR TODAY
TalkTalk Superfast Fibre Broadband | 18 months | Avg Speeds: 67Mb | Price per month: £24.95
This TalkTalk fibre broadband deal is one of the best you can buy. You pay just under £25 for 18 months, for quick download speeds of 67Mb AND line rental is included. Total price for 18 months: £449.10.View Deal
More of the best fibre broadband deals in the UK for October
RANKED IN ORDER OF PRICE
Jetstream Lite Fibre Unlimited Broadband | 12 months | Avg speeds: 17Mb |Price per month: £17.99 | Upfront: £9.99
This Onestream package is the cheapest fibre broadband offering out there. For just £17.99 per month, you can enjoy unlimited Wi-Fi and free line rental. It's a great choice for those who don't frequently surf the internet, we think. Total price for 12 months: £237.87.View Deal
Hyperoptic Fibre Broadband | 12 months | Avg speed: 50Mbps | Price per month: £21| Upfront: £20
A good fibre broadband deal for a very reasonable price, this package includes free evening and weekend calls, unlimited usage and the average speed for the broadband is a hefty 50Mbps. This is the best fibre broadband deal around, we think. Total price for 12 months: £272.View Deal
BT Superfast Fibre | 18 months | Avg speed: 50Mb | Price per month:
£35.99 £28.99 | Upfront: £9.99
Enjoy superfast fibre broadband that's perfect if you frequently enjoy streaming and catch-up TV thanks to this affordable package. It comes with a Stay Fast Guarantee, you'll get free access to over five million UK Wi-Fi hotspots and also a BT Smart Hub for free. Oh, and it also includes unlimited UK weekend calls and a £30 pre-paid mastercard. Total price for 18 months: £531.81.View Deal
Hyperoptic 150Mb Fibre Broadband | Rolling contract | Avg speeds: 150Mb | Price per month: £29 | Upfront: £20
This broadband offering from Hyperoptic is ideal for renters who aren't sure how long they'll stay in their current abode. Its contract is rolling, while there's an upfront fee of just £20. Average Wi-Fi speeds are a very fast 150Mb, too, but it should be noted that line rental isn't included. This would also make a great student broadband option. View Deal
Virgin Media M100 | 12 months | Avg speed 108Mbps | Price per month: £33| Upfront: £35
At £33 a month, this is one of Virgin's most affordable super fast fibre optic broadband deal. With weekend calls included, it's a cracking deal. There's an average internet speed of 108Mbps, ideal for fast internet surfers. However, it's worth using the postcode checker below to see if you can get it though, as only 60 per cent of the UK qualify for Virgin. Total cost for 12 months: £431.View Deal
Fibre broadband: what are my options?
Once the door to Fibre Broadband is opened, it's very easy to get lost inside. This is why we're here to help you find a deal that's best suited to you, from a provider you like the most. Fibre broadband is on offer from several providers in the UK, with the most popular being BT, Virgin Media and Sky. While we're all for going with a brand you trust, if there's a smaller broadband provider company offering faster speeds for a lower monthly price, why not chance it? Below, we've listed all the fibre broadband deals from top providers to give you an overview and help make your decision.
BT'S FIBRE BROADBAND OFFERINGS:
All BT broadband packages are on an 18 month contract unless stated otherwise. All packages have a £9.99 upfront fee, too.
- SuperFast Fibre Essential | 36Mb |£26.99 per month |
- SuperFast Fibre |50Mb | £28.99 per month + £40 gift card
- SuperFast Fibre for Students | 12 months | 50Mb | £29.99 per month + FREE JBL soundbar
- SuperFast Fibre for Students | 9 months |50Mb | £31.99 per month
- Superfast Fibre 2 for students only | 12 months | 67Mb | £34.99 per month
- Superfast Fibre 2 for students only | 9 months | 67 Mb | £36.99 per month
- Ultrafast Fibre Plus | 145Mb | £54.99 per month + £90 gift card
- Superfast Fibre Plus | 67Mb | £54.99 per month
- Ultrafast Fibre 2 Plus | 290Mb | £59.99 per month
VIRGIN MEDIA'S FIBRE BROADBAND OFFERINGS:
All Virgin Media broadband packages are on a 12 month contract and have an upfront fee of £35.
- M50 Fibre Broadband +Phone | 54Mb | £28 per month
- M100 Fibre Broadband + Phone | 108Mb | £33 per month
- M200 Fibre Broadband + Phone | 213Mb | £38 per month
- M350 Fibre Broadband + Phone | 362Mb | 43 per month
SKY'S BEST FIBRE BROADBAND OFFERINGS:
All Sky broadband deals are on a 18 month contract.
- Sky Broadband SuperFast | 59Mb | £27 per month | £19.95 upfront
- Sky Broadband Ultrafast 1 | 145Mb | £39 per month | £34.95 upfront
- Sky Broadband Ultrafast 1 + Anytime Calls | 145Mb | £44 per month | £34.95 upfront
TALKTALK FIBRE BROADBAND OFFERINGS:
All TalkTalk broadband packages are free upfront and their contract length is 18 months.
- Faster Fibre Broadband | 38Mb | £22.45 per month
- SuperFast Fibre Broadband | 67Mb |£24.95
- Faster Fibre Broadband + Anytime Calls inc mobiles | 38Mb | £31 per month
NOW FIBRE BROADBAND OFFERINGS:
Now only have one fibre broadband offering:
- Super Fibre | 12 months | 63Mb | £30 per month | Free upfront
VODAFONE FIBRE BROADBAND OFFERINGS:
All Vodafone broadband deals span 18 months and are free upfront.
- SuperFast 1 for Vodafone customers | 35Mb | £20 per month
- SuperFast 1 for non-Vodafone customers | 35Mb | £22 per month
- SuperFast 2 for Vodafone customers | 63Mb | £25 per month
- SuperFast 2 for non-Vodafone customers | 63Mb | £27 per month
PLUSNET FIBRE BROADBAND OFFERINGS:
All Plusnet broadband deals are on an 18 month contract and are free upfront. All their fibre broadband packages are the same price but line rental and Wi-Fi speeds vary.
- Unlimited Fibre Extra + UK Evening and Weekend calls | 66Mb | £31.50 per month
- Unlimited Fibre + Anytime International Calls |36Mb | £31.50 per month
- Unlimited Fibre + Anytime UK and Mobile calls | 36Mb | £31.50 per month
HYPEROPTIC FIBRE BROADBAND OFFERINGS:
Hyperoptic broadband deals range from 12 month contracts to rolling contracts starting at one month. Upfront costs are £20 unless stated otherwise.
- 50Mb Fibre Broadband & Phone | Monthly Rolling | £26 per month
- 150Mb Fibre Broadband & Phone | Monthly Rolling | £29 per month
- 1GB Fibre Broadband & Phone | 12 months | £46 per month | Free upfront
- 1GB Fibre Broadband & Phone | Monthly Rolling | £48 per month
ONESTREAM FIBRE BROADBAND OFFERINGS:
OneStream offers just one Fibre Broadband package:
- Jetstream Fibre Unlimited Broadband | 12 months | 35Mb | £29.99 per month | £9.99 upfront
SHELL ENERGY FIBRE BROADBAND OFFERINGS:
Shell broadband deals are all on an 18 month contract AND are free upfront.
- SuperFast Fibre | 35Mb | £29.99 per month
- SuperFast Fibre + Evening and Weekend Calls inc Mobiles | 35Mb | £33.99 per month
- SuperFast Fibre Plus | 63Mb | £34.99 per month
- SuperFast Fibre + Anytime Calls inc Mobiles | 35Mb | £37.99 per month
- SuperFast Fibre Plus + Evening and Weekend Calls inc Mobiles | 63Mb |£38.99 per month
- SuperFast Fibre Plus + Anytime Calls inc Mobile |63Mb | £42.99 per month
JOHN LEWIS FIBRE BROADBAND OFFERINGS:
Both John Lewis Fibre broadband packages span 12 months and are free upfront.
- Unlimited Fibre +Anytime UK Calls | 36Mb | £31 per month
- Unlimited Fibre Extra +Anytime UK Calls | 66Mb | £36 per month
POST OFFICE FIBRE BROADBAND OFFERINGS:
Both Post Office broadband offerings last for 12 months and have an upfront cost of £10.
- Fibre Broadband | 38Mb | £24 per month
- Fibre Plus Broadband + 3 months FREE Anytime Calls | 67Mb | £30 per month
POP TELECOM FIBRE BROADBAND OFFERINGS:
All Pop Telecom broadband packages have an upfront fee of £9.99 and a contract length of 12 months.
- Faster Fibre Broadband | 35Mb | £22.45 per month
- Even Faster Fibre Broadband | 63Mb | £34.99 per month
Fibre broadband know how
What is fibre broadband? The answer is simple: it's a faster internet connection than the traditional means of broadband. If you've ever heard of ADSL, that's the old standard. Using a fibre connection gives you faster, more reliable internet.
The maximum download speed you could get with ADSL was 17Mb (internet speed tends to be quantified this way – Mb stands for megabits per second). But even entry-level fibre broadband packages have the capability of offering speeds of more than double that, with the basic fibre plans commencing at up to 38Mb. That means potential download speeds of a rapid 4.75MB per second.
But it doesn't stop there. BT Infinity fibre starts at 52Mb, while Virgin leads the way on speed with its most expensive plan getting all the way up to a heady 350Mb.
It makes sense to go for fibre broadband if you have a home bustling with people all trying to use the internet at the same time. The extra bandwidth should cope easily where a standard connection may begin to falter. And if the people in your home love streaming films and TV on a glorious 4K TV, then faster fibre is a must.
What to consider when choosing a fibre broadband deal
Surprisingly in this day and age, super fast fibre broadband isn't available nationwide, and you may live in the 10 per cent of UK households that don't benefit from the speediest internet. The quickest way to find out if you can access it is by entering your postcode in our comparison chart (above). If you're faced with several options, you're in luck. If no results show, then you'll have to stick to ADSL for now. If that's the case, you can head to our best broadband deals page to discover the cheapest 17Mb internet deals on the market right now.