This lentil salad is warming, packed full of flavour and the perfect way to use up bits and bobs you may already have hanging around. Give it a go if you're looking for an easy way to make lentils a little bit more exciting and use up store cupboard staples.
This recipe calls for Violife Greek White Block which is a great vegan alternative to feta, but feel free to swap in feta or halloumi if dairy is part of your diet, or forgo cheese altogether. It will still taste just as good, we promise.
Check out the recipe below, or head over to our food hub for more tasty ideas and inspiration.
- Special thanks to Violife for sharing this recipe with us
- 1 pack Violife Greek White Block, cubed
- Cooked lentils, 250 grams
- Cucumber, halved, deseeded and peeled
- Cherry tomatoes, halved
- Mango chutney, two tablespoons
- Small handful of mint, finely chopped
- Small handful of dill, finely chopped, plus extra fronds to serve
- Olive oil, two tablespoons
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, for seasoning
1. In a salad bowl mix the cooked lentils with the tomatoes, cucumber, and herbs. Season to taste and add olive oil.
2. In a separate bowl mix the Violife Greek White Block cubes with the mango chutney.
3. Mix the salad well, adding in the marinated Violife Greek White Block cubes.