Peanut butter bread has arrived and the obsession is real. Adiós banana bread. Five days ago we'd never even heard of peanut butter bread, and now all that we can see as we scroll through Facebook, Twitter and Instagram is amateur food photographer (Auntie Pauline) after amateur food photographer (Christine from school) sharing their latest kitchen triumphs. And to be totally honest, we want in on the action.
Not only is peanut butter bread pretty darn delicious, it also requires minimal ingredients, which is great news for those of us who have decimated our once well stocked kitchen cupboards following a series of daring kitchen endeavours.
Discover the full recipe below. Then head over to our food hub for more recipe ideas and inspiration.
- How to make banana bread (our recipe is yummy)
Peanut butter bread
- Plain flour, 280 grams (discover where to buy flour if you have none)
- Softened butter, 65 grams
- Granulated sugar, 95 grams
- Brown sugar, 50 grams
- A large egg
- Baking powder, one tablespoon
- A pinch of sea salt
- Peanut butter, 180 grams ( we love Pip & Nut and think their Blueberry Trail Mix or Crunchy Maple would work a treat for some extra flavour)
- Vanilla essence, one teaspoon
- Milk,, 250 millilitres
1. Begin by preheating the oven to 180ºC/350ºF/ gas mark 4.
2. Combine the flour, baking powder and pinch of salt in a bowl and set aside.
3. In a separate bowl, blend your butter and sugar together until you achieve a smooth consistency. From there, you can add peanut butter to the mix, along with an egg and a measure of vanilla extract if you're opting to use it.
4. Add your dry ingredients – that's the flour and baking powder mix – to the batter and combine thoroughly before adding milk.
5. Transfer to a baking tray and place in the oven for up to an hour.
Stock up on flour
McDougalls Self Raising Flour Large Size | £1.99 at British Corner Shop
Since when were corner shops online? Since now. And the British Corner Shop has plenty of goodies in stock, including self raising flour...View Deal
Allinson Strong White Bread Flour 1.5Kg | £2.00 at Tesco
Yes! We've found flour, but we can't guarantee a delivery slot. Perfect for baking bread, as well as pizza dough, this strong white bread flour is unlikely to be around for long. So, if you shop at Tesco and have a regular delivery slot, best to get it in your basket before it's too late.View Deal