This Cosmopolitan recipe has got to be up there as one of the easiest cocktails you can make. Good news for all the Carrie Bradshaws out there missing a Friday night with their favourite tipple. And another great thing about this cocktail is it uses just four ingredients – ones most of us have already, or can easily get our hands on.
The Cosmopolitan enjoyed fame long before it was popularised by Sex and the City. It is believed to have roots in the 1930s and is very similar to a Kamikaze which is vodka, triple sec and lime juice. The addition of cranberry makes it slightly sweeter and gives it that recognisable pink hue. It is generally served in a martini glass but you can use a Champagne flute or small wine glass – nothing too large though as this is to be daintily sipped rather than mindlessly guzzled...
So we reached out to The Bottle Club – experts in bringing the best of your local bar into your home – who have shared this super simple Cosmopolitan recipe with us. Grab your cocktail shaker and let happy hour commence.
How to make a Cosmopolitan
- 50ml Smirnoff vodka
- 12.5ml triple sec
- 12.5ml lime juice
- 25ml cranberry juice
1. Put a few ice cubes in your cocktail shaker and cocktail glass
2. Put all the ingredients in the cocktail shaker (the list above is per serving so double up to make two at a time)
3. Give it a good shake
4. Remove the ice cubes from your glass and pour the Cosmopolitan in through a stainer
Feeling fancy: Garnish with a coil of orange or lime peel. If you are feeling super fancy, heat the peel first with a lighter to help release the oils – it adds to the scent while you drink.
Get 10% off at The Bottle Club (£30 min spend excludes limited editions) until the end of June with the code: SPRINGFLING10
We know where we will be stocking up our bar carts then...View Deal
Upgrade to a Cosmo Fizz for special occasions
Do you love a sparkling cocktail? Maybe your go to is always a bellini, mimosa or even a passion star martini – anything with a little bit of bubbly in. Well, you should definitely give this cosmo fizz a go.
1. Make a cosmo following the steps above.
2. Instead of serving in a martini glass, half fill a champagne flute with the cosmopolitan and top up with Prosecco, Champagne or any other sparkling white wine.