This slow cooker rice pudding is so easy to make. We've created a dairy-free version, but, of course, you can substitute the coconut milk with full-fat (for best results) cow's milk, and the vegan butter for dairy butter. That said, you'll lose the lovely coconut-y flavour if you do.
We've also created our instructions based on cooking this rice pudding in a slow cooker, but you can cook it in a heavy based pan on the hob – or covered on a low heat in the oven.
Raspberry sauce is delicious with this dairy-free dessert, but if you want to make things even simpler, just add a few of your favourite fruits to the pudding instead.
You will need:
- 15g vegan butter
- 100g pudding rice
- 750ml coconut milk
- 25g caster sugar
- Sprig of mint, to decorate
- For the raspberry sauce: 250g raspberries, plus extra to decorate, and 2 tbsp icing sugar
1. Grease the inside of slow cooker pot with vegan butter.
2. Add the rice, coconut milk and sugar, and stir.
3. Cover and cook on low for three to four hours, until the rice is tender.
4. Make the raspberry sauce. Place raspberries, icing sugar and 50ml of water in a food processor and blend until the mixture is smooth.
5. Spoon the raspberry sauce into bowls, and top with rice pudding. Sprinkle with whole raspberries and add a sprig of mint.
Browse more yummy slow cooker recipes in our roundup