Like your soup creamy? This potato recipe is sure to please. But more than that, it's made with ingredients most of us already have in the fridge. Plus, it's cost-effective because the ingredients go a long, long way. And you'll feel full for ages. Offset its richness by serving with warm, fresh bread, or add the crunch of toasted slices.
Mushroom potato soup
You will need:
- 50g butter
- 450g mushrooms
- 30g flour
- 425ml chicken stock
- 2 to 3 small potatoes cut into 1.5cm pieces
- 230ml single cream
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh parsley, chopped, to garnish
1. Melt the butter in a frying pan, and add the mushrooms and cook until tender, around five minutes.
2. Add the flour slowly, and keep stirring until the mixture is smooth.
3. Place the mixture in the slow cooker and add the stock.
4. Add the potatoes, then the single cream, and stir until the mixture is combined.
5. Cover and cook on high for three hours or low for six hours, or until the potatoes are tender.
6. Season to taste and serve garnished with parsley.
- For all our recipes, go to our hub page