The easiest way to add a personal touch to a dorm room, or any bedroom for that matter is with your bedding. Even better, it doesn't have to cost as much as say, college tuition? Enter, these cheap bedding set options, many of which are from some of our favorite places to buy bedding. Hopefully, by now, you've thought of some dorm room ideas, and if not, it's easy to base the design around your bed.
Another essential for making your tiny dorm room feel more like home? A twin mattress topper to add cushion and create a barrier between you and your dorm-issued bed, or if bringing your own mattress is an option, one of these cheap mattresses won't break the bank and could be worth the investment if you're planning to stay in one place for a few years.
Keeping in mind the long checklist of items you'll need for your space, all our picks are under $100, and most are under $50. Whoever said that style and value couldn't be intertwined was not shopping in the right place for their bedding.
This boldly teal set includes a comforter, 2 decorative pillows and matching shams.
Play with texture with this organic cotton duvet set with the quality of a luxury bedding brand without the markup.
Bring a feminine and playful element to your space with this pink and white comforter set with contrasting lime green piping. The large geometric print makes it easy to mix with smaller prints for a whimsical look.
Two amazing options in one for the fashionista who loves to switch things up: sumptuous velvet in a rich rust color reverses to a punchy geometric utilizing the same punchy hue
This best-selling Amazon-Basic Bed-in-a-Bag is available in 18 prints and also includes a coordinating sheet set!
How else will you show off your glam maximalist style without an infusion of cheetah print?
A color-blocked bedspread is an easy way to create a look, with minimal effort. You don't even have to tell your roommate that the sheet set was already bundled in.
Stay right on trend with the trendiest print of the season: checkerboard in lavender.
A floral boho comforter set feels fresh with a dainty border motif. It's even garment-washed for extra softness.
This stylish set adds dimension for those who prefer subdued color palettes in the bedroom, but seek a little oomph.
This cotton-linen blend comforter set with a soft chambray touch looks a lot more expensive than it actually is.
This patchwork-inspired design with coordinating printed sheets and a decorative pillow will make any dorm room feel like home.
Ombre bedding in cool tones is a sweet reminder of cotton candy skies.
It's all about the relaxed and down-to-earth vibes with this boho tufted duvet cover. Add a cozy throw blanket for the perfect retreat.
Best Places to shop for cheap bedding sets
- Amazon: (opens in new tab) tap into the vast Amazon marketplace for your bedding basics and anything else you think you may need for college
- Bed Bath & Beyond: (opens in new tab) One-stop shopping for all your dorm room needs, a 20% off College Savings pass, and unparalleled student-friendly services
- eBay: (opens in new tab)A surprisingly great source for new bedding at great prices
- etsy: (opens in new tab) Support small businesses and scout out some unique bedding options too
- Dormify: (opens in new tab) Bedding designed with stylish dorm rooms and first apartments in mind, without breaking the bank
- Macy's: (opens in new tab)Take advantage of frequent sales to find a discount on bed-in-a-bag and individual pieces.
- Quince: (opens in new tab) High-end factory direct bedding like European Linen and organic percale starting at just $80
- SheIn: (opens in new tab) The trendy fashion site also has a robust selection of bedding
- Target: (opens in new tab)A great selection of affordable dorm room essentials from Target-owned brands like Threshold, Room Essentials, Casaluna, Opalhouse and more.
- Urban Outfitters: (opens in new tab) Trendy bedding mecca for all your aesthetic dorm room essentials
- Walmart: (opens in new tab) Bedding starts at $7 , not a typo
- Wayfair: (opens in new tab) More than 11,000 bedding sets to sift through, including so many options under $100