This glazed ham recipe is a festive indulgence like no other – sweet, succulent, and moreish. With a mouthwatering, sticky maple and mustard glaze, it's certain to be a showstopper whether you serve it for Christmas Day dinner or as a Boxing Day treat and can be served hot or cold with your favourite side dishes or leftovers.
Find more recipes at our hub page.
Festive Glazed Ham
- 1 6kg unsmoked ham joint on the bone or gammon
- 200g dark brown sugar
- 6 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
1. Place the ham joint on a perforated steam tray and insert a roast probe in the thickest part, avoiding the bone and ensuring the metal part of the probe is fully inserted.
2. Place the tray in to a Miele Combination Steam Oven and cook using the roast probe.
3. Cook the ham at 100°C Full Steam until it reaches a core temperature of 70°C. Remove and allow to rest for 30 minutes. Ensuring the ham reaches this precise core temperature means it won’t be under or over cooked and will still be soft and tender.
4. Remove the skin and some of the fat from the ham and score the remaining fat lightly. Place on a Universal Baking Tray.
5. Preheat a Miele Oven to Fan Plus 190°C.
6. Make the glaze: Mix the sugar, maple syrup and mustard and spread all over the ham.
7. Place the ham in the oven and cook for 30 minutes, regularly basting with more of the glaze.
8. Delicious served hot or cold and perfect with Miele Slow Cooked Eggs on Christmas Morning or with leftovers on Boxing Day.
Can cooked ham be frozen?
Yes! Freezing your leftover ham is a great way to enjoy it a lot longer than the day or two it will keep in the fridge – just think of all the ham sarnies and toasties you can enjoy a good month on from Boxing Day?
The best thing to do, though, it do slice your ham before freezing it; this will make defrosting much simpler. Lay out the slices in rows on a baking sheet or a sheet of plastic or silicone. Cover and freeze, Defrost slice by slice as and when you need to, in the fridge. Frozen ham will keep for up to two months.
- The Festive Glazed Ham recipe has kindly been provided by Miele.