When you're sipping on a Caipirinha, you know it's the weekend! So we are coming at you with the best Caipirinha recipe because it is basically going to be all we are drinking for the next few days, and you should join us in doing so (ok, we will have some water too of course...).
If you haven't heard of it before, it's Brazil's national cocktail and for good reason. It's deliciously fresh, and a little sour. Made with cachaca, sugar and lime – this cocktail is simply tasty, zesty and divine.
You don't absolutely need a cocktail shaker but let's face it, that is half the fun of making a cocktail! Keep scrolling to get started and then check out our other cocktail recipes for more tipples to get you through lockdown.
How to make a Caipirinha cocktail
Thanks to Abelha Cachaca for sharing this gorgeous recipe, this cachaca uses the best possible all-natural ingredients and the most traditional artisan methods to create their tasty spirit and it is absolutely perfect in a Caipirinha! So here is what else you need:
- 1 lime, sliced in half lengthwise and cut in 1/4 or 1/8's
- 1tbsp sugar
- 50ml Abelha cachaca
- Crushed ice
- Lime wedges for garnish
- How to cook smoked haddock – 4 failsafe methods for delicious results
1. Pop the the lime segments with the sugar in two glasses or a jug and muddle them with a spoon so the lime breaks down the sugar starts to dissolve. You could do this cocktail in a shaker too.
2. Add in the cachaca and stir well.
3. Then add in the crushed ice and give another stir, serve immediately with a slice of lime.