As a kid, there was nothing more dreaded than the contemptible chore list. As an adult, you soon learn that having such a list can save you from stress and disorganization down the road. When making your ultimate bathroom cleaning checklist, it’s worth breaking the chores down by how frequently they need to be done. While cleaning the bathroom is one of the most boring things out there, you'll be happy to know not every task needs to be done every day (or even every week).
Here are the various chores needed for a squeaky clean bathroom. Feel free to buy yourself shiny stickers for more motivation.
Daily bathroom cleaning checklist
- Spray down your shower: There’s one cleaning tip that can leave your shower feeling fresh every day and that’s keeping a spray cleaning bottle nearby for daily sprays. Keep the bottle in your line of vision so that you remember. This small tip will save you from having to do deeper cleans more often.
- Organize dirty laundry: From dirty towels to socks left on the bathroom floor, putting a laundry hamper in your bathroom can save you the hassle of having to haul clothes from one place to another.
Weekly bathroom cleaning checklist
- Clean windows and mirrors: Without a clean mirror, doing your skincare or hair care routines well is impossible. Instead of looking into a smudge-filled mirror each morning, consider placing a small bottle of window and mirror cleaner nearby to remind you that you can have a perfectly clean mirror whenever needed.
- Clean faucets: It’s easy to forget that shower and sink faucets need love, too. A quick wipe down of these is the best way to have your bathroom feeling a little extra clean and fresh. Not to mention, it cuts down on germs.
- Clean the toilet: No one likes cleaning the toilet, but as one of the most bacteria-ridden areas of your home, it’s a vital place to spend your cleaning time. With many products on the market to help make the process easier, this is an area where spending money on tools can be a helpful way to motivate you to clean weekly.
- Sweep and mop floors: By sweeping and mopping at least once a week, you can keep your feet clean post-shower each morning. Go even further by popping your bathroom rugs in the washing machine once a week for a perfectly fresh feeling. Don't forget to clean your bathroom trash can when moving it out of the way.
Monthly bathroom cleaning checklist
- Declutter cabinets: Whether you tend to hang on to expired cosmetics or can't say no to a free sample, these products end up sitting in your bathroom for years if you forget. A big once-a-month or seasonal decluttering session can help make way for more room for the items you actually like.
- Give the bathtub and shower a deep clean: Perhaps one of the most dreaded parts of cleaning your home, scrubbing your bathroom can be very rewarding. There’s nothing that makes you feel more hygienic in the mornings (or at night) than stepping into a freshly-cleaned shower or tub. Some cleaning experts recommend deep cleaning your tub every two weeks, which will keep your tub feeling fresh longer. If you're not down for that cadence, monthly is okay, too.
- Get your bathroom ready for guests: During the holidays (or any time of year when you’re expecting guests), it is worth it to pay extra attention to your bathroom care. Whether that means you need to stock extra towels and toilet paper or clean more often, cleaning your bathroom is the most generous act you can do for friends and fam.