She's a legend! Sure, Chrissy Teigen might be John Legend's other half, but when it comes to her long list of accolades? They're just as impressive as her award-winning husband — if not more. The 34-year-old once again proved just how legendary she can (and will) be by dropping the most helpful post on her website — and what was it?
Turns out the secret to hosting the perfect Thanksgiving (outside of perfecting your Thanksgiving tablescape)? It's turning to Chrissy Teigen's 'Cravings' recipes. Which in retrospect, should come as absolutely no shock whatsoever. The mom-of-two, model, and cookbook author can be seen at any given moment cooking up a storm via her Instagram, and fortunately for all of us? Now, we can too.
Whatever Thanksgiving recipes you want to master this year, whether you're looking for side dishes and stuffing or looking for loads of potato recipes, she's got it covered — and in more than way. Teigen has offered up dozens of different recipes on her website to ensure every Thanksgiving from now until the end of time is as perfect and as delicious as the last. But, if you're looking for a more streamlined analysis? We're here to help.
For anyone looking to host an A-list-approved Thanksgiving? Here are our three favorite Chrissy Teigen Cravings recipe to throw the gathering to end all other holiday gatherings. And if that wasn't enough? We've also found the Chrissy Teigen-approved dishware that will add the perfect finishing touch. Hosting has never been simpler!
Continue reading to see our top Chrissy Teigen Cravings recipes and the must-have dishware to complete the meal this Thanksgiving:
Things you'll need:
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat: A Cookbook l For $16.85, at Amazon
The one thing the queen of clap backs will always discuss? Well aside from her late-night Twitter rants, that's food and she does just that in her debut cookbook. Filled with longtime favorites, family recipes, and personal indulgences, this is the ultimate destination for all your cravings. View Deal
Cravings by Chrissy Teigen 12pc Aluminum Cookware Set l Was $139.99, Now $119.99, at Target
Think of this 12-piece set as the one-stop-shop to error-proof Thanksgiving cooking. Here users will receive one 5.5-quart Dutch Oven with lid, one 3.5-quart sauté pan with lid, one 2.5-quart saucepan with lid, one 1-quart saucepan with lid, one 10.24-inch frying pan, one 8-inch frying pan, 1 silicone slotted turner, and 1 silicon spoon. And if that wasn't enough? You can also select from grey, green, or navy color schemes.
Cravings: Hungry for More by Chrissy Teigen l For $15.20, at Target
Was the first book not enough? Opt for Teigen's second Installment for even more delicious recipes to cure all your cravings. From banana bread to baked chicken, this sequel does not disappoint. View Deal
3 Chrissy Teigen Cravings recipes to recreate:
1. Chrissy’s Last Meal: Pepper’s Scalloped Potatoes
The Chrissy Teigen Cravings recipes to end all other recipes? It's her mother, Pepper's signature dish, and it's these scalloped potatoes. Loaded with crisp bacon and thick-cut ham and cooked with a crispy outside that's insanely impossible not to enjoy, this is a staple in her household — and now it can be in yours too.
Ingredients you'll need:
- 5 pounds russet or Idaho (in other words, not red or new) potatoes
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 1/3 pounds ham, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 8 slices bacon (not thick-cut), cut into squares
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons garlic salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1½ cups flour
- 5½ cups whole milk
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F. Peel the potatoes, halve them lengthwise and slice them crosswise into thin half-moons. Rinse well with cold water and drain in a colander. Transfer the potatoes to a large bowl and toss them with the onion and the ham
2. In a large Dutch oven, cook half the bacon over medium-low heat until the fat is rendered and the bacon is crispy, 9-10 minutes. Add the butter and cook, stirring, until melted, making sure the butter doesn’t’ burn. Add the garlic salt and pepper, then whisk in the flour and cook, stirring and working out the lumps, until smooth. Whisk in the milk until smooth. Increase the heat to high to bring to a boil. Cook, whisking, until thickened, about 5 minutes. Transfer the sauce to a bowl.
3. Arrange half the potato mixture in the bottom of the Dutch oven, then cover it with half the sauce. Repeat with the remaining potatoes and sauce. Arrange the uncooked bacon squares on top of the sauce and bake, uncovered, until the bacon appears crispy and rendered, 30-35 minutes. Reduce the oven temperature to 350°F, cover with lid, and cook until bubbling, 90 minutes longer.
4. Remove from the oven and place on a trivet, remove the lid, and allow to cool a bit before serving.
Cookware to consider:
Cravings by Chrissy Teigen, Enamel Cast Iron Mini Dutch Ovens, Set of 2 l Was $89.99, Now $39.99, at Macy's
Ideal for dinner casseroles or individual bakes, this duo of mini Dutch ovens combines even-heating cast iron performance with long-term durability and the aesthetically appeasing food-safe enamel coating.
Cravings by Chrissy Teigen 12pc Stoneware Dinnerware Set l Was $59.99, Now $47.99, at Target
Want to make all your meals look Instagram-worthy and need to pump up your Thanksgiving table decor? Turn to this durable stoneware where each dish is featured in a reactive glaze that adds subtle variations in color to create an artisanal, organic feel. View Deal
Love Stove Top stuffing but want to impress your loved ones with your own personal spin? Take a play out of Teigen's cookbook (literally) and opt for this toasty stuffing.
Ingredients you'll need
- 1¼ cups chicken or turkey stock
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 1 (12-ounce) package King’s Hawaiian rolls, diced into 1-inch cubes
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 celery stalks, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh sage
- 1 tablespoon picked fresh thyme leaves
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Bring stock to a simmer and season with salt to taste. Arrange the bread cubes on a rimmed baking sheet and toast for 10 minutes. Toss and toast another 5-10 minutes, until golden brown and lightly crisp.
2. Meanwhile, melt butter over medium heat in a 12-inch skillet. Add the celery, onion, and garlic and cook, stirring, until translucent and fragrant, 5 minutes. Stir in the sage, thyme, 1 teaspoon salt, and poultry seasoning and remove from the heat.
3. Stir the bread into the onion/herb mixture, then pour the stock over the stuffing a little at a time and stir until it is all absorbed.
4. Cover and let absorb for 5 minutes. I like my stuffing on the soft side (hello, like Stove Top) but if you prefer crisp edges, put the pan (assuming it’s oven-proof) under the broiler for 2-4 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
Cookware to consider:
Cravings by Chrissy Teigen 2qt My Go-To Cast Iron Everyday Family Pan with Handles l Was $29.99, Now $23.99, at Target
The perfect pan for any entertaining this holiday season? It's this go-to cast iron. From sautéing to roasting, baking to frying, searing and so much more, it's fantastic!
Cravings by Chrissy Teigen 6pc Stainless Steel Block Cutlery Set with Wood Handle l Was $69.99, Now $55.99
Hoping to make your prep easier than ever? Reach for this 6-piece set that has all your culinary needs. Stainless steel blades make slicing and dicing easier than ever and the Ashwood handles and storage block as chic as it gets.
Last but not least, are you looking for the greatest Thanksgiving hack of all time? It's this gravy and most Ingredients can already be found in your pantry.
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1. Combine the water, milk, bouillon, and soy sauce in a small saucepan and heat over medium-low heat, stirring, until the bouillon cubes dissolve. Turn off the heat and cover to keep warm.
2. Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat, then add the flour, onion powder, garlic powder, and pepper and cook, stirring, until smooth, 2 minutes.
3. Slowly whisk the milk mixture into the flour mixture until fully incorporated. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to low, and simmer, whisking, until a thick gravy consistency is achieved, 3 to 4 minutes. Serve immediately.
Cookware to consider:
Cravings by Chrissy Teigen 5.8qt My Go-To Stainless Steel Wok with Lid l Was $59.99, Now $47.99
Designed with a stainless steel finish and beautiful champagne gold handles, this signature piece goes from a simple pan to stunning cookware in seconds. Factor in the aluminum core ensures outstanding heat conduction and sloping sides that contain ingredients while base allows heat to spread evenly, and it's a no-brainer why this is deemed one of Chrissy's favorites.
Cravings by Chrissy Teigen 3pc Nylon Tool Set - Slotted Turner & Solid Spoon & Slotted Spoon l Was $19.99, Now $15.99
Need something that's both durable and stylish? Enter: this 3-piece set featuring ergonomic handles that flip, scoops, and lifts.