This mega pickle recipe is just what you need if you're looking for an easy way to use up leftover veg. You can use a variety of firm and crunchy vegetables depending on your preferences, though this recipe calls for radishes, carrots, red onion, cauliflower and cucumber.
Aside from veg, you'll only need a handful of kitchen cupboard essentials and you're all set. Prepare to enjoy your pickle as a side to cheese and crackers, or as an easy way to spruce up sandwiches.
Find the full recipe below, then head over to our food hub for more recipe ideas and inspiration.
Jamie Oliver's pickle recipe
So, how does Jamie Oliver make his delicious pickle? Here's everything you need to know.
- Firm and crunchy vegetables (Jamie Oliver opts for radishes, carrots, red onion, cauliflower and cucumber) but you can use whatever you have leftover
- Water, 125 millilitres
- Vinegar, 250 millilitres
- Sugar, one tablespoon
- Salt, one tablespoon
- Mustard seeds
1. Begin by roughly chopping your veg into batons, before loading into a mason jar, an old jam jar, or another airtight container.
2. Next, Jamie Oliver advises filling your container with water, vinegar, salt, sugar and any other herbs and spices you may be choosing to use.
3. Next, shake your jar vigorously to ensure that all the ingredients are thoroughly combined.
4. Jamie Oliver suggests you can get a couple of months out of your pickle and should enjoy it loaded up on sandwiches or with cheese and crackers.
Serve your pickle with...
- Sourdough bread – the ultimate recipe