This couscous salad recipe means eating healthily at lunchtime is so easy, tasty and quick. This healthy and delicious grain takes (literally) minutes to prepare and goes brilliantly with veggies and feta cheese. It's one of very few lunches that are healthy and not too demanding to make in the morning, everyone has 10 minutes spare right?
How to make couscous salad with feta
For this healthy and satisfying lunch, you will need:
- Couscous, 125 grams
- Hot vegetable stock, 250 ml
- Cherry tomatoes, sliced in half, 50 grams
- Cucumber, chopped into cubes, 50 grams
- A quarter of a red onion, finely chopped
- Fresh parsley, chopped, 25 grams
- Kalamata or other pitted olives, 25 grams
- Olive oil, a tablespoon
- Juice of half a lemon
- Feta cheese, 50 grams
1. In a large mixing bowl, toss together the vegetables and olives, lemon juice, parsley, and olive oil, season well.
2. In a separate bowl, pour the stock over the couscous and cover with a plate. Let the couscous absorb the stock for about five minutes.
3. When the couscous is ready, fluff it up with a fork, add the vegetables and top with the feta.
Your healthy and super-easy lunch is ready to be transferred into your lunch box.