Learn how to make stir fry sauce – and never feel the need to buy a packet ever again. Stir fries are healthy and easy to make, but supermarket stir fry sauces are not so healthy, typically containing sugar and other unnecessary additives. The following basic stir fry sauce recipe need just five ingredients, although you're welcome to experiment and make it more complex if you wish.
More recipes and food tips are waiting at our hub page.
How to make stir fry sauce
To make this delicious and healthy stir fry sauce, you will need:
- Rapeseed oil, four tablespoons
- Dark soy sauce, three tablespoons
- Fresh ginger, a thumb-sized chunk, sliced
- Two garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Plain flour, a tablespoon
1. Combine the oil, soy sauce, ginger, and garlic in a small saucepan and gently simmer without bringing the sauce to a boil.
2. Carefully fold in the flour and stir well until the sauce is lump-free.
That's it, your basic stir-fry sauce is ready. Want it spicy? Add chilli. Sweeter? add a tablespoon of honey. Zingy and citrusy? Add the juice of a few yuzu fruit or the juice of a lime.