Looking for healthy work lunch ideas to inspire your week ahead? Eating healthily at lunchtime can be a challenge at the best of times – what with so many tempting fast food options around and so little time to spare – but bringing lunch with you just got a little easier...
The main reason that you may 'forget' or avoid brining your own healthy lunch with you is likely to be: time. Most people don't have lots of it to spare for food prep in the morning (or the night before), before going in for a full day of work.
Couscous to the rescue, this healthy and delicious grain takes (literally) minutes to prepare and goes brilliantly with veggies and feta cheese. It's one of very few lunches that are healthy and not too demanding to make in the morning, everyone has 10 minutes spare right?
Find more healthy recipes at our hub page.
Healthy work lunch: couscous salad with feta
For this healthy and satisfying lunch, you will need:
- Couscous, 125 grams
- Hot vegetable stock, 250 ml
- Cherry tomatoes, sliced in half, 50 grams
- Cucumber, chopped into cubes, 50 grams
- A quarter of a red onion, finely chopped
- Fresh parsley, chopped, 25 grams
- Kalamata or other pitted olives, 25 grams
- Olive oil, a tablespoon
- Juice of half a lemon
- Feta cheese, 50 grams
1. In a large mixing bowl, toss together the vegetables and olives, lemon juice, parsley, and olive oil, season well.
2. In a separate bowl, pour the stock over the couscous and cover with a plate. Let the couscous absorb the stock for about five minutes.
3. When the couscous is ready, fluff it up with a fork, add the vegetables and top with the feta.
Voila, your healthy and super-easy lunch is ready to be transferred into your lunch box.