This easy pasta recipe takes 10 minutes to make – not kidding – and it's so simple yet so delicious that it's become a regular feature on our home-cooked dinner menu.
So when you're looking for a meal that packs a punch on flavour and with virtually no effort, this is the pasta recipe for you.
They key to the success of this dish is using fresh ingredients and not overcooking it. Other than that, it's easy enough for the most amateur of cooks out there!
For more great recipes, check out our hub page.
Prawn pasta recipe
For this delicious dinner for two, you will need:
- Large peeled raw prawns, 250gr
- Half a fresh red chilli, finely chopped
- Fresh cherry tomatoes, 150g
- Olive oil, four tablespoons
- One garlic clove, peeled
- Salt, to taste
- Dried spaghetti, 300g
1. Warm up the olive oil on a medium heat in a saucepan, add the chilli and garlic, fry gently for a couple of minutes.
2. Slice the cherry tomatoes in half and add them to the pan. Add the raw prawns, season with salt, and cover the pan with the lid. Reduce the heat and simmer for about 6-7 minutes.
3. In a separate pan, cook the pasta in salted boiling water, stirring frequently. You want the pasta to be al dente.
4. Check the sauce: the tomatoes should have bound with the oil to create a nice consistency and the prawns should be cooked, so will have turned pale pink. Take the sauce off the heat and discard the garlic clove.
5. Drain the cooked pasta and add it to the sauce. Toss well to make sure the pasta is evenly coated and enjoy.
Serve with fresh chopped parsley and a cheeky grating of cheese if you fancy.