Boho chic style is having a big moment in home design right now. Our theory? Since we haven't been able to seek adventure outside of our homes over the last year, we're going bold indoors, instead.
Over the years, boho design has come to mean a lot of things. Global-inspired elements that create a well-traveled feel. Natural and neutral elements that bring us closer to nature. An abundance of texture with a hand-made, artisanal touch. All of which feels especially welcome at this particular point in time.
Boho embraces the relaxed and the carefree, with an eye for unusual and unexpected elements. Whether you define your boho style as eclectic and collected, or modern and natural, be sure to incorporate lots of natural materials, hand-touched techniques, and rich colors and fabrics into your spaces.
Together, these ideas all create what we've come to see as boho design. And boho-chic elevates it to a new design standard. Now, we've found all the key pieces for you to craft the well-curated boho-chic look for your own home from sturdy jute rugs to stand-out chandeliers.
Shop the assortment, below.
Looking for more style ideas?
1. A rattan chair with a flourish
Pavon Natural Lounge Chair| Was $499, now $399 at Article (opens in new tab)
Further the texture in your living room with an eye-catching rattan chair. The addition of a cushion ensures we can curl up in this lovely lounge chair for hours on end. Plus, this one is suitable for both indoor and covered outdoor use.
More rattan seating:
- Marte Lounge Chair at Urban Outfitters (opens in new tab)
- Natural Rattan Fallon Cocoon Chair With Cushion at Cost Plus World Market (opens in new tab)
- Woven Cave Chair at Pottery Barn Teen (opens in new tab)
2. A carved room divider(opens in new tab)
Amber Carved Wood Room Divider Screen | $249 at Urban Outfitters (opens in new tab)
Carved wood immediately lends a bespoke, hand-crafted feel to space. This intricately carved wooden screen in a tri-fold silhouette still lets the light pass-through, while creating a sense of privacy. In a time when our spaces are playing double duty, a room divider pulls its own weight by separating spaces and creating a focal point.
More Carved Wood Pieces:
- Hand-carved Lombok Buffet at Anthropologie (opens in new tab)
- Hand-Carved Wood Tablet Stand at Cost Plus World Market (opens in new tab)
- Bungalow Rose Corder Queen Solid Wood Platform Bed at Wayfair (opens in new tab)
3. A colorful quilt(opens in new tab)
Tahla Quilt, Queen| $198 at Anthropologie (opens in new tab)
This colorful quilt just brings immediate joy. Layer over a white duvet for extra winter warmth, or you'll find yourself perfectly comfortable during the warmer months with this hand-finished quilt splashed across your bed.
4. A caned mirror(opens in new tab)
Bohemian Desert Sun Round Mirror | $199 at West Elm (opens in new tab)
Add some caning to a conventional round mirror to bring boho vibes to your entryway. With a 30-inch diameter, it's large enough to make a true statement on its own.
More boho-approved mirrors:
- Creative Co-op Oval Woven Bamboo Wall Mirror at Amazon (opens in new tab)
- Round Natural Live Edge Teak Wood Mirror at Cost Plus World Market (opens in new tab)
- Ria Leaning Rattan Mirror at Urban Outfitters (opens in new tab)
5. The essential rug(opens in new tab)
Maui Natural Hand Woven Jute with Wool Fringe Area Rug, 5' x 8' | Was $193.69, now $105.50 at Rugs USA (opens in new tab)
A good jute rug immediately brings a breezy, natural feel to a living room, dining room, kitchen or even a sunroom. The flatweave is easy to clean, perfect for layering and can stand up to high trafficked areas. This design is also available in many shapes and sizes.
6. The floor pillow
Mistana Lenore Square Pillow Cover & Insert | $40.99 at Wayfair (opens in new tab)
Floor pillows are key to have on hand for everything from morning meditations to extra guests in need of seating. Choose from an on-trend muted color palette for a sophisticated, boho set up.
More floor pillows
- Ruthie Velvet Floor Pillow at Urban Outfitters (opens in new tab)
- Better Homes & Gardens Corduroy Tufted Square Floor Cushion at Walmart (opens in new tab)
- Karaman Floor Pillow at Oka (opens in new tab)
7. A textured wall hanging(opens in new tab)
Surya Khaki Chevron Wall Hanging | $99 at Jungalow (opens in new tab)
Renew a space with the addition of this handwoven wallhanging. Sage green is expected to be a big color in interior design this year, so incorporate your own pop of green now!
8. A gorgeous lighting option(opens in new tab)
Whitewash Wood Draped Bead 4 Light Chandelier | $229.99 at Cost Plus World Market (opens in new tab)
Switch up builder-grade light fixtures with a chandelier that's more your style. This one features over 100 whitewashed wooden beads draped like necklaces around an antique-inspired candelabra for a boho-luxe edge. It'll make a statement in your dining room centered in a nook, or installed in a nursery.
9. An accent that's good for your wellbeing(opens in new tab)
Himalayan Salt Lamp | $20.38 at Walmart (opens in new tab)
A Himalayan Salt Lamp is more than just a pretty, boho decor piece. The salt crystals release a therapeutic glow of orange hues that bring a sense of calm and tranquility to a space.
10. An eye-catching planter(opens in new tab)
Ivory And Gray Two Tone Ceramic Planter With Wood Stand | $24.99 at Cost Plus World Market (opens in new tab)
Plants seem to be a hallmark of boho design, so it's important to show off your favorite greenery in vessels that reflect your space. We're eyeing this two-tone ceramic planter with a wood stand to give your plants some height.
11. A bed built for sweet dreams(opens in new tab)
Caroline Rattan Canopy Bed | $1,299 at Urban Outfitters (opens in new tab)
A rattan 4-poster canopy bed is the epitome of boho-chic, and this bed truly feels one of a kind. String through gauzy textiles or string lights for a touch of romanticism.
12. Maximalist wallpaper that's also renter-friendly(opens in new tab)
Tropical Toile Peel and Stick Wallpaper by Drew Barrymore Flower Home | $69 at Walmart (opens in new tab)
Make major impact with bold and bright wallpaper, that's easy to install and removable for when your tastes change—or if you rent. Cover an accent wall or paper the whole room in this tropical peacock adorned print with a vintage feel.
13. Woven baskets that bring global style(opens in new tab)
Woven Abaca Basket | $238 at Terrain (opens in new tab)
Corral clutter, or extra blankets in these stunning baskets, woven of abaca, a sustainable fiber from the Philipines, for an organizational option that oozes boho-chic appeal.
- Natural Seagrass Open Weave Dakota Basket at Cost Plus World Market (opens in new tab)
- Striped Storage Basket at The Little Market (opens in new tab)
- Laurel Foundry Modern Farmhouse Wicker Basket at Wayfair (opens in new tab)
14. Rustic candlesticks for depth(opens in new tab)
Natural Wood Pillar Candleholder | $12.99 - $16.99 at Cost Plus World Market (opens in new tab)
Layer in these mango wood candlesticks in varying heights for visual interest around a mantle or on a table—and some necessary mood lighting.
20. A decorative pillow with a story to tell(opens in new tab)
Baya Lumbar Pillow | $195 at The Citizenry (opens in new tab)
Handwoven in Mexico of sheep's wool, this artful design uses geometric patterns used by the Zapotec tribes of the Oaxaca region. It's the perfect addition to top your bed or centered across a well-lived-in leather sofa.
- Oversized Multicolor Patchwork Cadence Lumbar Pillow at Cost Plus World Market (opens in new tab)
- Cushion Cover with Tassels at H&M (opens in new tab)
- Woven Baja Pillow Cover at West Elm (opens in new tab)