Guess who's back with a brand new
rap hack? That would be Real Homes. Today we're ditching the harsh chemicals that affect our health, and the health of the planet, in exchange for an all-natural limescale remover that will help you get rid of limescale.
While there's certainly some scepticism around the effectiveness of natural cleaning products, we promise that this one works a treat in tackling limescale in the kitchen, bathroom and beyond. And you'll only need a few ingredients, as well as a little bit of patience, to get yourself started.
For more hacks, head over to our cleaning hub.
Limescale remover hack
You will need:
- White vinegar
- Spray bottle
- If removing limescale from the dishwasher, we'd recommend filling a large mug with white vinegar, placing upright on the top level and running on a single cycle – without any other dishes.
- To tackle limescale in a washing machine, add white vinegar to the detergent draw and run on a single, hot cycle.
- It's also possible to fill your kettle with an even proportion of water to white vinegar in order to remove limescale. Leave to stand for 30 minutes, then rinse thoroughly.
- Take on the toilet by pouring white vinegar around the rim and leaving to work its magic overnight. Go at it with a toilet brush in the morning for super shiny results.
- Using white vinegar to remove limescale from a shower head takes a slightly different approach. Place an even white vinegar to water solution in a sealed plastic bag, place your shower head inside, secure with string and leave to soak for 30 minutes.
- Tackle tiles, baths and sinks with an even mix of water and white vinegar in a handy spray bottle and use as you might any other bathroom spray.
- Our advice for taps is to soak a towel in white vinegar, wrapping around a tap and ensuring it's completely covered. Leave for an hour, before rinsing.