One of the things we've been doing recently? Making Easter cupcakes – and plenty of them. This basic recipe has a fun twist that kids will love – the cupcakes have been quickly transformed into bunnies... but yours might look like cats, dogs, ponies (and not always on purpose). Easy to bake, fun to decorate and delicious to eat... what's not to love about these white chocolate, strawberry laced delights?
So, come on, it would be taking the cake not to give this simple and super tasty recipe a go! Keep scrolling to learn how and how about checking out our basic cupcake recipe for more ideas? Don't miss our food hub, for more recipe ideas and cooking inspiration?
How to make Easter cupcakes
Serves: 6 people
Prep time: 40 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 190g self raising flour
- 190g caster sugar
- 190g Greenvale Perfect For Cakes Soft Spread
- 200g Choceur Smooth White Chocolate Bar
- 3 medium free range eggs
- 454g pack ready to roll white icing
- 1 tbsp honey
- Dominion Strawberry Laces
- Chocolate Buttons
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4.
2. If you have a food processor add the eggs, spread, caster sugar and flour and pulse until well blended, if not, beat the spread with the sugar, then beat in the eggs, and then whisk in the flour until smooth.
3. Line a cupcake tin with paper cases, three-quarter fill each with some mixture.
4. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, until risen and firm to the touch.
5. Allow to cool then cut off the risen dome, to make the cakes flat on top.
6. Cut this piece into half for the ears.
7. Roll out the icing, cut out rounds and put on the cakes.
8. Apply a thin brushing of honey, grate the chocolate, and sprinkle over the honey.
9. Make two holes and put the cut tops in as ears.
10. Cut shapes from the ready to roll icing for its teeth, chocolate buttons for eyes, laces for whiskers and half a button for its nose.
- Thanks to Aldi for sharing this super tasty recipe – find out more here (opens in new tab)