This BBQ beef is exactly what we'll be tucking into when we fire up the barbecue in a bid to soak up the sun this weekend. We're all set for a sunny weekend and we have plans to get a few friends over for an al fresco catch-up with plenty of good food and wine. And we're in no doubt that this tasty BBQ beef will be our centrepiece.
Packed full of flavour, it's super easy to prepare and will allow you to get on with socialising, safe in the knowledge that you'll be serving something absolutely delicious to serve. Discover how to make it below, then check out more of or favourite BBQ recipes.
You'll also find more recipe ideas and inspiration over on our food hub.
- Special thanks to Bull's Eye for sharing this recipe with us
BBQ beef recipe
- Rib of beef, 800 grams cut into steaks
- Brushing oil
- Cracked black pepper
- Sea salt
- Chopped shallots
- Bull’s-Eye Original BBQ Sauce, three tablespoons
- Double cream, 150 millilitres
1. Get the BBQ smoking hot – with such high quality meat the quicker the sear the better.
2. Allow the beef to sit out of the fridge until it reaches room temperature. Cold meat from the meat straight onto the grill is a definite no.
3. Use some kitchen paper to remove excess moisture from the surfaces of the steaks to ensure they are completely dry.
4. Season well with salt and pepper.
5. Brush the BBQ grill with a little oil.
6. When it comes to cooking, three minutes on each side is normally about right – but cook to your taste. Then, when you’ve got it how you want it, remove from the BBQ and rest for five to 10 minutes in baking paper – resting time means maximum juiciness!
7. While the steaks are resting make the sauce. Fry the shallots in butter at high heat, add the peppercorns, Bull’s-Eye Original BBQ Sauce and cream. Let the mixture bubble slightly until thickened. Serve with slaw on the side! Enjoy BBQ Week!