Looking for the best king-size bed to transform your sleep – and bedroom? King-size beds are a popular choice (especially for those who share a bed with a partner) as they naturally provide the most room which results in a more comfortable night's sleep. But which one is right for you?
A king-size bed will be designed and shaped to your preference. Some of us prefer solid wood bed frames, while others are fans of upholstered beds – perhaps it's a velvet option that you are after? Either way, this should be a well thought out decision: it is the place you'll rest your head for years to come.
Choosing the right bed frame to suit your interior is very important. In addition to having a significant impact on your quality of sleep, it will also impact the overall design of your bedroom. Whether you're in search of a minimalist bed frame, a statement-worthy option or something understated with heaps of storage, our handy guide has rounded up the best king-size beds on offer, whatever your interiors style (and budget). Start scrolling...
The best king size beds you can buy
1. Habitat Clanfield Kingsize Bed Frame
2. ercol for John Lewis Shalstone Bed Frame
3. Made.com Brass Starke Bed
4. La Redoute Waska Rattan Bed
5. John Lewis & Partners Albany Bed Frame
6. Habitat Kanso Kingsize Metal Bed Frame
7. Made Roscoe King Size Bed
8. Habitat Blissford Four Poster Kingsize Bed Frame
9. Dunelm Isla Velvet Bed Frame
10. Furniture123 Piccadilly King Size Ottoman Bed in Grey Velvet
- Check out our round up of the best storage beds for more space-savvy suggestions
What to consider when choosing a king size bed?
Sitting slap-bang in between a double bed and a super king bed, this size is ideal for couples or those who love their space while they snooze. This is one of the most popular bed sizes out there, though obviously the bigger the bed the more expensive it is. So beware. You'll want to make sure that you have enough space in your bedroom for a king-size bed, or you might want to go for a double, and don't forget to measure your bedside tables on either side, too.
In terms of size, a king-size bed measures 5 feet wide (150cm) and 6 feet 6 inches (200cm) long. They are 6 inches wider than a double, although the same size in length.
King size bed frames come in various different shapes, with footed and unfooted bases, solid, slatted and upholstered headboards being the most common stylistic variations.
Those who want their bed to be a dramatic centrepiece may want to opt for something with a striking headboard – perhaps something that's velvet or a uniquely shaped headboard? If you want to create the illusion of more space, go for a bed that has no footboard, and for something with space underneath as they allow for natural light flow.
Several king-size beds benefit from storage underneath them, whether hidden or open. If you will need some under bed storage, then be sure to check the clearance height between the bed and floor, or opt for an ottoman bed or something with drawers underneath.
- Also see our best single beds edit for kids and teeny spaces
- Don't miss our best double beds roundup – for a smaller solution
- Searching for something with space for your clutter? See our best storage beds guide
Where to buy a king size bed?
Keep browsing king size beds below. Click through to shop each retailer's huge range of king size bed frames.