These crispy salmon tacos are Jamie Oliver's new show stopper take on the classic taco. Seasoned with Cajun spices and dressed with fresh veg and avocado, its a healthy and satisfying meal which is quick and easy to make. Tacos are the perfect dish for a fun easy dinner party meal, or even a family meal, full of healthy ingredients for a fresh, crispy dish. This marvellous dinner option takes just 20 minutes to make.
- Why not try making this breakfast classic with a twist; baked French toast
- Or if you're going for the health factor, try this Waldorf salad
- Thanks to Tesco for this delightful recipe
- 160g ripe mixed-colour baby tomatoes
- 1 small ripe mango
- ½ a small ripe avocado
- 2 spring onions
- 2 x 130g salmon fillets from sustainable sources, skin on, scaled, pin-boned
- 2 heaped tsp Cajun seasoning
- 4 small tortilla wraps
- 2 limes
1. Quarter the cherry tomatoes. Roughly chop the mango into bite-size pieces. Finely slice the avocado and the spring onions.
2. Carefully de-skin the salmon and place it in a non-stick frying pan on a medium to high heat to crisp the salmon on both sides. rub the Cajun seasoning onto the salmon fillets, and fry on each side for five minutes or until they're golden. Also fry and crisp the skin.
3. For crispy tortillas, use tongs to toast them over the flame of your gas hob for 15 seconds, or use a hot pan.
4. Sprinkle the mango, avocado and spring onions over the tortillas, then flake over the salmon and crack over the skin.
5. Combine the tomatoes with lime juice in the residual heat of the pan for 30 secs, and spoon this over the tortillas.
Serve with the remaining lime in wedges, for squeezing over the meal.