We're a bit obsessed with these lamb meatballs, especially when they're served with pitta bread, salad and tonnes of tzatziki. Mouth-watering. And whether you choose to make your lamb meatballs from scratch, or make the most of leftover lamb, the choice really is up to you.
Lamb meatballs with pitta bread
This is a great way to have your leftover lamb for lunch the next day. To make enough for two, you will need:
- Lamb leftovers, 200 grams
- One large egg
- Boiled potatoes, two large ones
- One red onion, chopped
- One garlic clove, peeled
- Oregano, 20 grams
- Fresh parsley, 20 grams
- Sage leaves, 20 grams
- Two tablespoons grated cheddar or parmesan
- Salt, a pinch
- Breadcrumbs, 150 grams
1. Combine all the ingredients except the breadcrumbs in a food processor. Blend until you have a smooth paste.
2. Shape the meatballs and roll them in the breadcrumbs until thinly coated.
3. Place the meatballs in an oven proof dish and drizzle with oil. Bake for 10 minutes on gas mark 4. Turn them over and bake for another 10 minutes. They should brown but not char.
4. Serve with warm pitta breads, fresh salad, and tzatziki.