Egg muffins make for a delicious and easy to prepare lunch idea that calls for minimal ingredients. This is great news if, like us, you're trying to use up everything in your fridge before going food shopping.
They're kind of like a bite-size frittata in a sense, as they can be packed with pretty much anything – veg, cheese, meat – before being baked in the oven for a delicious breakfast, lunch or brunch. Eat them on their own, or serve alongside a fresh salad for a satisfying meal.
- Eggs, we'd recommend one large egg per egg muffin
- Salt and pepper, for seasoning
- Fillings: we love spinach, pepper, tomato, courgette, cheese, pancetta, chicken
1. Pre-heat your oven to 180ºC and lightly grease your muffin tray – you'll be using this to prepare your egg muffins.
2. If you're adding meat to your egg muffins, we'd recommend cooking this now. If not, simply cut your veg, cheese and meat into small pieces and split evenly between each section of your muffin tray.
3. In a separate bowl, beat your eggs with plenty of salt, pepper and oregano for seasoning. Remember, you're aiming for one large egg per egg muffin.
4. Pour your egg evenly into each of the egg muffin compartments.
5. Place in the oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until baked all the way through and golden on top.