Baked avocado with eggs for brekkie? Oh, yes please. We’re always on the hunt for new breakfast ideas for the weekend. After all, if you can’t treat yourself to a leisurely start to the day and a change from the usual cereal, toast or hastily grabbed cup of coffee then it’s not really the weekend, is it?
Since we found this recipe for baked avocado with eggs it’s one we’ve been returning to because it only takes just over 10 minutes and it delivers delicious results. Oh, and it’s a healthy choice, too. And you can have it for lunch. And dinner.
Want to add this treat to your breakfast menu? You’ll find the details below. Avocado addict? Find the best avocado tools in our guide – you deserve them. After more recipe inspiration? Find it on our food hub.
- Baked eggs: try more baked egg recipes for an easy brunch or lunch idea
Baked avocado with eggs
Going to make baked avocado with eggs? You’ll need:
- 1 avocado
- 2 small eggs
- Fresh chives, chopped
- Salt and black pepper
1. Line a baking tray with tin foil and preheat the grill.
2. Cut the avocado into two, and take out the stone.
3. Crack an egg into the space left by the stone in each half of the avocado.
4. Sprinkle with chives, and season to taste, then grill for five to six minutes until the eggs are cooked.
Fry tomatoes, courgettes and button mushrooms and serve them along with the avocados. We love them with a dash of chili oil or fresh, chopped chili, too. A crumble of feta? Yup, we'd add that too.
- Special thanks to Aldi for sharing this recipe with us