Ahhh Sangría, how you occupy quite so many of our memories we'll never quite understand. The good, the bad and the very ugly, you're always there. And given that we're all getting a but tired of lockdown, what better time to reacquaint ourselves.
As Ed Sheeran sang, 'we'll dance around la Sagrada Familia...drinking Sangría,' except this weekend we won't be, Ed. No, we'll be dancing around the kitchen island, or if we're feeling really wild, around the garden table, sloshing Sangría as we go. And we'll enjoy every second of it.
Check out the recipe below. Then, check out more of our tasty cocktail recipes if you like variety.
- Head over to our food hub for more recipe ideas and inspiration
- How to make our paella recipe – to go with your cocktail!
- A bottle of light red wine
- Spanish brandy, 100 millilitres
- Sparkling water, 300 millilitres
- Oranges, roughly chopped
- Pears, roughly chopped
- Lemons, roughly chopped
- Strawberries, roughly chopped
- Cinnamon, one teaspoon
1. Chop all of your fruit roughly, sprinkling with cinnamon – you can also add a little sugar if you like your Sangría on the sweeter side. Leave to chill in the fridge for an hour, at minimum.
2. Add a good amount of ice to a jug, before adding in your fruit mixture and combining thoroughly.
3. Add wine and brandy, before topping up with sparkling water and mixing thoroughly.