Want to make the most of the meat leftover from your Sunday roast? This is one of our favourite leftover chicken recipes. Packed full of flavour thanks to the addition of a few simple spices, this tasty chicken pilaf only takes 20 minutes to prepare and will provide you with a healthy, hearty dinner. Plus, it only requires a handful ingredients that you'll likely already have hanging around.
Find the full recipe below, then head over to our food hub for more ideas and inspiration.
- Leftover chicken
- Basmati rice, 100-125 grams per person
- Oil, for frying
- Onion, diced
- Spinach, a few handfuls
- Garam masala, one tablespoon
- Ground turmeric, one teaspoon
- Ground cinnamon, one teaspoon
- Chilli flakes, one teaspoon
- Natural yoghurt
- Chopped corriander
1. Place your rice in a pan of boiling water and cook for the time recommended on the packaging. When ready, remove from the heat and set aside.
2. Dice your onion before transferring to a pan heated with a good glug of oil. Roughly fry for a few minutes, or until it begins to soften.
3. Add your spices to the pan and continue to fry until everything is really soft with a rich fragrance.
4. Add your chicken leftover and cooked rice to the mix and ensure everything is coated with the spice mixture. Cook for around five minutes before adding a few handfuls of spinach to the pan.
5. Once your spinach has wilted considerably, remove your pilaf from the pan and serve with a few scoops of natural yoghurt and a good handful of coriander.