If you rent and have found yourself sleeping on a mattress that you didn't get to choose, but that you're not able to replace either, you might feel a little shortchanged. It's not the end of the world if it's comfy, but if it's not, that's another story. I ended up in this exact same situation not long ago. And as someone who usually has no trouble sleeping, the fact that I couldn't get along with my mattress was a big deal.
I'd heard good things about Dusk's supreme goose down mattress topper (opens in new tab) so I tried it out and honestly, it didn't take long for me to feel like I had legitimately upgraded to a hotel-worthy mattress. Now that there's 38% off for Black Friday — meaning it’s just £100 down from £162, for a double — if you relate, this could be a no-brainer purchase.
Although £100 upfront might still feel like a splurge, take it from me, I’ve tried my fair share of mattress toppers, and this one from Dusk elevated my sleep ASAP. Whether it's for you or to cosy up an uncomfortable sofabed in a spare room, don’t snooze on this Black Friday mattress topper deal because you might regret it later...
Dusk Supreme Goose Down Mattress Topper |
Was £162, Now £100 (save £62) for double size, at Dusk
(opens in new tab)This luxurious feather and down-filled mattress topper from DUSK will take your bed from basic to boutique. Whether you’ve got a good-as-new mattress or one that has seen better days, it will give you a plush upgrade. With two layers of natural goodness, it makes a super cosy winter addition to your bed.
Read more on how this topper transformed my bed in my DUSK Supreme Goose Down Mattress Topper review.
Everything you need to know about this Dusk mattress topper
- Firmness: Soft
- Depth: 5cm
- Type: Goose Down and feather
- Construction materials: 100% Crisp Cotton Percale
- Sizes: Single, Double, King, Super King (UK sizes)
- Care instructions: Shake daily and Dry clean only
- RRP: From £137.99
I slept on this mattress topper and popped it on top of the mattress that was provided for me by my landlord. It's not a wholly uncomfortable mattress or past its sleep-by date, I just couldn't get along with it. It's pocket-sprung, which means it is a tad firm for my liking. As a side sleeper who sometimes rolls onto my back, this topper was the perfect choice to soften up my sleeping surface.
As far as depth goes, it’s thinner than a memory foam or hybrid topper, but that’s because it’s formed of two layers of natural filling; the top layer is 70% goose down and the other 30% feathers. This combination brings together comfort and gentle support. It won't be a full-on substitute for a new mattress or a top choice for back pain but I found it to be the perfect topper for an extra layer of cushioning which is just what I needed.
For more discounts, you can see our best Black Friday home deals roundup.