A rich banana and chocolate mousse that is totally vegan? Yep, you'd better believe it... Bosh! really do have some tricks up their sleeve. This dessert is perfect for all ages, capturing your childhood desperation to ditch the yoghurt and opt for a mousse, while also indulging those mature tastebuds with a melange of luxurious flavours from cinnamon to mint.
If you happen to have any bananas knocking about in your fruit bowl and you're sad to see that they're past their best... we're here to remind you that every cloud has a silver lining. This recipe will work a treat with over ripened bananas! Rich and decadent, these little chocolate pots taste expensive so give them a whirl to wow your buddies! If you like it sweeter, add a little more maple syrup.
- For loaaaads more lovely recipes, head over to our dedicated food hub
- The best vegan recipes: 6 easy plant-based meals
BOSH! Healthy Vegan by Henry Firth and Ian Theasby is out now (HQ, HarperCollins) | Buy now on Amazon |Was £16.99, now £9.93
Find this recipe and loads more amazing – and healthy – vegan recipes in the full recipes book. From tasty breakfasts, to low sugar desserts, everything is easy to prepare and fully plant-based.
- 4 servings
- 3 ripe bananas (300g peeled weight)
- 150ml oat cream
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- 75ml maple syrup
- 150g cocoa powder
- 50g fresh blueberries
- a handful of mint leaves
1. Peel and roughly chop the bananas
2. Put the bananas, oat cream, cinnamon and maple syrup in the blender and blitz until smooth
3. Add the cocoa powder and blitz again until smooth
Time to chill, garnish and serve...
4. Transfer the mousse to serving glasses and chill for at least 30 minutes until thickened
5. Remove the glasses from the fridge, top with the blueberries and mint leaves and serve